AuthorTopic: [Wip] ships for flash shooter game...  (Read 13516 times)

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Re: [Wip] ships for flash shooter game...

Reply #20 on: August 07, 2007, 10:05:33 pm
There is something strange going on on the bottom left of the ship in the death animation.
I don't really like the cannon animation in your first animation, but the rest looks great as usual :y:.

Offline Timpa

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: August 08, 2007, 04:13:56 pm
I am new to theese forums and i must say that theese peices of art right here are lovely... Everytime i see an pixelated explosion(theese kinds) i want to make one myself:P If you could by any chance show each picture of the explosion of the first ship? i would rly want to learn how you do it.

One thing i find should be changed on the ship sinking is the shimneys . They dont change correctly they stay straight while the top of them gets (pointier:P)

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: August 08, 2007, 06:22:12 pm
Actually, not just the smokestacks but the whole upper portion of the ship skews rather than rotating.  It's fairly disconcerting.

Timpa: if you have a program that supports animation (promotion, GIMP, graphics gale, etc.), you can just save the image, open it up, and view all the frames yourself.
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline Timpa

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: August 09, 2007, 12:40:54 pm
Too bad i use paint xD

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #24 on: August 09, 2007, 01:44:04 pm
Kind of late to the table on this, but does smoke dissipate from the bottom up? It seems to me like the smoke should dissipate as it gets further away from the source, from the top down. This is just me guessing, though.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 01:47:02 pm by tocky »

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: August 09, 2007, 03:19:51 pm
I think it dissipates from both directions. It probably does it from the bottom up because there is no more smoke coming out of the smokestack.

That doesn't really make sense though. My guess is it's a coal or steam powered ship and that the main source of smoke would not snuff out so quickly after the ship was smashed out of commission. Maybe if it was steam powered, but it looks to be coal powered. At any rate, it's extremely not important. Realism was never video games forte.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #26 on: August 09, 2007, 03:49:44 pm
I meant the smoke from the plane explosion, which people were talking about a while ago. You're right, though, about realism in games. I wouldn't care about smoke if I were playing it. I'm just wondering, is all.

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile

Reply #27 on: August 09, 2007, 03:57:31 pm
Ah yes, I forgot about that.

If there was an updraft it would somewhat make sense. Given the fact that there was an explosion, an updraft would indeed exist. But that really only explains the shape of the smoke. Which, to me, looks more like fine debris than smoke. I think that the smoke would probably stay closer together and it would all dissipate at about the same time as it scattered about the atmosphere. If the sparser areas of smoke in the plane explosion were backed up with semi-transparency I feel that it would be less of an issue.