AuthorTopic: Copper Head  (Read 3395 times)

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Copper Head

on: March 11, 2007, 06:43:48 pm
Interestingly it only just occurred to me to begin posting this here. This is a little pet project i have been working on for sometime. A game called copperhead, It is a platform game that draws influences from throughout the genre. The game is nearing completion as the engine is sound the bulk of the graphics complete and the game play mostly defined. So I'm posting it every where i can. Also I've been using looking at this forum a lot lately and find it funny that a forum focused on a medium that is typical in game art lacks games. Hopefully this might get a few more posts out there regarding games :D.

Demo
Demo link 2

The game does have a storyline however i have not yet implemented it as all the level structure is everywhere right now (theres only a few levels for each world done). Basically the big bad boss has stolen the precious rune of copper land, as such you have to get it back as it is causing grave disruptions in space and time... yadda yadda... finaly you face the boss and a nice twist will be at the end but you guys can wait for that :P.

The main things i need to change now include:
1. adding the remaining levels
2. creating the cut scenes
3. inclusion of some more enemies and bosses
4. some audio and graphical additions as well as ramifications
5. some minor bugs to sort out that don't really hurt but seem unprofessional to me, you might not see them

oh and because i love you guys so much

The passwords to all available demo levels (so you can truly judge the game) all on easy:

skip tutorial

Boss

Boss

Boss

oh yer sorry its not all pixel, e.g. the backgrounds I will hopefully be changing some of this but not in the cases where it looks appropriate.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 06:47:05 pm by zeid »
View my Devlog... unless you aren't ready to have your mind blown.

Offline Solitaire

• ?!?!?!?!?!?!
    • View Profile

Re: Copper Head

Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 07:34:44 pm
Heh,does this one still have the megaman jump Zeid?I'll give it a go,loved the demo over at GMC,glad you finished it too.Can't wait to check it out!*downloading* :)

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 05:26:59 pm
 :P the megaman jump got upgraded to look smoother. I'm glad you liked it I think it's a fairly well polished game/demo at the moment. I really want all feedback possible including and perhaps even especially bad feedback. I want to know if anything about this annoys people or any aspects are not what people like, personal views and otherwise. I know i cant please everyone but would like to see what people think so i can improve ideas for the future as well as this game.
View my Devlog... unless you aren't ready to have your mind blown.

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 07:24:58 pm
First level - good tutorial, might want to make it skippable
Second level - ok, uses some of the things you just learned
First boss - the bombs are difficult to pick up, and they can hurt you when they're thrown at you. It's difficult to move in the air since you need to be running, very hard.
Third level - Difficulty stays ramped up, it's possible though the spiked boxes:
1) the ones that come up are impossible to jump over
2) the ones that come down take 0 effort, sidle up next to it and hold the direction you intend to go
Second boss - i can get into the first arrows you're supposed to jump at, then i slow way down in the air and am eaten before i touch the ground. VERY DIFFICULT.

And that was on easy.

It seems fun but it's got problems that i and probably others would not look forward to dealing with.

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 07:38:29 pm
I don't like the acceleration of the maincharacter at all.
First it goes very slow and then you suddenly switch to UBERSPEED.
It's also annoyingly hard to jump over those blocks with the spikes that go upwards in level 2 because of that acceleration.
Please make the character accelerate either faster or completely get rid of the acceleration and make him more controllable when he's in the air.

Also get rid of the password system and replace it with a real level selection.
It can be easily done with inis and you don't need to memorize passwords all the time (which should remain a relic of old nes games).

I think these simple changes would make the game a whole lot more playable.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 07:40:48 pm by 9_6 »
Does scaling an image blur it?
Opera fix Firefox fix