AuthorTopic: SMF: A New Software  (Read 16298 times)

Offline sedgemonkey

• Gimme gimme gimme
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Joint

Re: SMF: A New Software

Reply #10 on: July 19, 2005, 07:06:01 am
A few crits on the forum...

A "quick reply" at the bottom of a thread would be nice.  I think it's just a nice courtesy to have the checkbox for the "hide email" thing checked by default when you register -- I almost forgot to check that which nearly exposed my super-secret identity. The last crit is just to ditch some of the boxes floating at the top (user info, news box, key stats)... either move them to the bottom or bail on them entirely -- personal preference of course, but I think it's nice to have a clear nav at the top for morons like me that get lost while browsing.

Other than that this looks great. I'm sure the new pixelation will be great.

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: July 19, 2005, 08:43:06 pm
Im not fond of how it quotes people. Maby its just my comp, but in the 'welcome' thread, theres a few people who quoted and its so damn small, I really have to concentrate to read it.
Thats about all there is for me to say... except for maby colour scheme but thats nothing to fret over.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #12 on: July 24, 2005, 01:51:42 am
All I have to say is I wish like all other forums when you clicked profile you went right to editing your profile not to this huge menu that took me 15 mins to figure out...  "I just wanted to change my avy!" says the boy as he’s taken away in an ambulance, "SO MANY MENUES!!  The menus!"
"It will be ok just calm down" said the EMT, "Someone get this boy some morphine I'm not going to lose him!! I have a perfect record and he’s not going to ruin it!
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: July 24, 2005, 02:01:27 am
All I have to say is I wish like all other forums when you clicked profile you went right to editing your profile not to this huge menu that took me 15 mins to figure out...  "I just wanted to change my avy!" says the boy as he’s taken away in an ambulance, "SO MANY MENUES!!  The menus!"
"It will be ok just calm down" said the EMT, "Someone get this boy some morphine I'm not going to lose him!! I have a perfect record and he’s not going to ruin it!

If it took you 15 minutes to figure out the profile menu, you better either put your glasses on or stop buying crystal meth from the junk dealer down the lane.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #14 on: July 24, 2005, 04:04:05 pm
When your internet is as slow as mine, and you go on when everyones on, it makes it even slower.  Yet, when you don't remember which tab allowed you to edit avys it could take a while.  IE: 5-7 mins of loading per page.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: July 24, 2005, 04:09:13 pm
When your internet is as slow as mine, and you go on when everyones on, it makes it even slower.  Yet, when you don't remember which tab allowed you to edit avys it could take a while.  IE: 5-7 mins of loading per page.

IE sucks the big piece of moon-rock.

Get a better browser, like firefox.

Offline Mori

• Gao!
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: July 25, 2005, 12:29:35 am
BrotherInWar: Get a better internet. Like Cable, or DSL at least. :)

trick: You can change that option in your profile to set you back to the topic instead of the main forum. It's under Look and Layout Preferences.

As for the Zoom function, Firefox's Zoom function acts a little funky on the board. I believe that the forum is creating iframes for every post with a size based on the amount of data (I haven't checked, so... it's only theoretical, heh). Which is fine, but upon increasing that data by, say, zooming in on an image 400%, it creates scrollbars, and that is a little annoying. I'm not sure exactly what you guys can do about that other than taking out the iframes. But perhaps when the Zoom function is built in, it will be able to get around that problem. :)
Hey, #pixelation is still around on irc.sorcery.net. So point your favorite IRC client that way and hang a while.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: July 27, 2005, 07:12:18 am
What?! More neutral background?? Noo! Darnit... now I have to change that nice habit I had about instantly changing the white to Pixelation-blue in a pic as soon as I got to the coloring stage... I still do it, even if Pixelation's still not around. I just think it's much easier to appreciate all shades and colors against a relatively dark background.

[edit] Hold on.. hoold on.. this HAS to be a modern enough forum thingy that it supports user-selectable themes.. if not, it sucks. If it does, then there's our solution! One new theme with new, more "neutral" colors and one old-school theme for people like me. [/edit]
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 07:20:10 am by Rox »

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #18 on: July 27, 2005, 07:38:03 am
yeah, the purply-blues were awesome. I miss them. and bruce lee. I miss him too. and the two sections; general critique and serious critique. also, the quiz when signing up, that was a good feature. :(:(:( I miss pixelation:(:(:(
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.