AuthorTopic: a fat cowboy :|  (Read 4820 times)

Offline Mark

• im a loser :)
    • View Profile

a fat cowboy :|

on: September 26, 2005, 02:29:38 am
Righto, I'm new here and haven't really pixelled in a long time (doesnt really matter though because i sucked even more back then than I do now) and this is a piece im working on. C+C ? :x

Offline Sawtooth

• growin' a beard
    • View Profile

Re: a fat cowboy :|

Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 04:36:20 am
I like the colors and the face the best.  They're pretty well done.  The hands are just sort of "out there," though, and the one on our left seems slightly shorter than the other.  The chaps, while not exactly pillow-shaded, are close to it.  Some wrinkles or texture on there would be nice.  A shadow on the head from the hat would help increase depth and the sense that the hat is connected to the rest of the figure.  Be sure to make the lighting consistent, too.  I don't know it's coming from the right or the left.  It also appears that there is a very unnecessary shade of flesh tone; make it closer in luminosity to the lightest shade, and it'll be better again.

Also: welcome!  Always nice to have new people.  Keep at it, you're doing pretty well.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 04:48:13 am by Sawtooth »
rip ninjalicious

Offline LuciferianSoul

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 11:54:03 am
I agree with Sawtooth.

The face lighting appears to be from the right, the body's lighting from the left and the leg's lighting from the center.

I thought it was rather low contrast as well.

Offline Mark

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 01:38:48 pm
Wow, I'm definately startign to think lcd monitors aren't the best for pixelling, Im looking at it from a different computer - crt - and the colors are so weird.

Thanks, I'll try to work on that, I've got a lot of work to do tonight so it may have to wait till tomorrow, thanks for your help though.

Offline PK Mays

• Formerly blu_munkee
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 07:58:45 pm
Yeah, LCD displays have come a long way, and it's great having a flatscreen, but the (highend) CRTs still have superior image and color quality.

I like the weird style of this one, but I agree with the others about the lack of consistency. The anti-aliasing is great on the skin and chaps, but the shoes don't have smooth outlines at all. They kind of break from the style of the rest of the piece.

Offline Mark

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 02:36:12 am
sprry it took a while, just got done writing some papers for school, anyways, done on an LCD so i dunno about the colors, ill check it tomorrow on my dad's CRT, i just have no time tonite.

I hope to add some revolvers at his waist, fix up the chaps, maybe change the dark outline to a slightly lkighter shade. I tried to contrast the shadowing more.

[edit] Ok this edit sucks, arg, i may just do a complete red of this i dunno.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 01:53:21 pm by Mark »