AuthorTopic: [wip] and another [wip]  (Read 9621 times)

Offline skeddles

• I love these emoticons.
    • View Profile
    • Skeddles.com

Re: [wip] and another [wip]

Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 11:45:12 pm
I'd suggest you sort that gut out. The lighting on it seems a tad strange.

im not sure how  :-\

Offline skeddles

• View Profile
    • Skeddles.com

Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 03:33:47 am
done with face:

still dont know how to fixe the stomach :-[

Offline Ryan Cordel

• Hi! I'm Daisy!
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 03:38:16 am
It does seem to miss some depth, and the stomach size increases more at the bottom, kinda making it look like he has a bigger back at the bottom than at the top, where there's less pixels. Try and give him a more rounded look, beef up his arms and legs a bit, since it looks like, anatomically, the guy could collapse by his sheer mass. Additionally, try to fix the position of his eyes, seems unnatural one's in the middle and one's high. *Giggles*

Offline skeddles

• View Profile
    • Skeddles.com

Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 03:14:58 pm

Offline skeddles

• View Profile
    • Skeddles.com

Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 07:19:40 pm
is he done?

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Reply #15 on: December 18, 2006, 02:40:08 pm
I made an edit mainly reworking colours...

I added another layer of highlights to the skin allowing more detail to be implemented into it (the belly button and eye brow). The darkest of the clothes and beard was made the same colour. The lightest colour for the skin and beard was also shared.
View my Devlog... unless you aren't ready to have your mind blown.

Offline skeddles

• View Profile
    • Skeddles.com

Reply #16 on: December 18, 2006, 03:41:25 pm
I made an edit mainly reworking colours...

I added another layer of highlights to the skin allowing more detail to be implemented into it (the belly button and eye brow). The darkest of the clothes and beard was made the same colour. The lightest colour for the skin and beard was also shared.

great. now you made a perfect one, so i cant realy learn from it or finish it without copying it.

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Reply #17 on: December 18, 2006, 07:56:43 pm
That is very much incorrect. It's as impossible to make a "perfect" piece of art as it is to teach a pile of rabid hedgehogs to tango.

Zeid washed out the colors on it, so the highlights are too big now, and much of the form is lost, the beard could be much improved with something better than a quick and easy dither, maybe actually draw in the curly hair? The shading, while not that bad, it not coming from any specific direction, there are no cast shadows, the anatomy is lacking in detail, the eyepatch's cord should probably not be a straight line, the side of the head and ear area is a bit confusing, the hands are messy, the pockets looks strange, more detail could be added to the pants, like laces and seams. I'm only getting started, and that doesn't even begin to cover stylistic choices and who knows what else.

But anyway, just do the best you can, and don't ever think you'll be able to make something that is "perfect."

Offline skeddles

• View Profile
    • Skeddles.com

Reply #18 on: December 18, 2006, 09:00:15 pm
That is very much incorrect. It's as impossible to make a "perfect" piece of art as it is to teach a pile of rabid hedgehogs to tango.

Zeid washed out the colors on it, so the highlights are too big now, and much of the form is lost, the beard could be much improved with something better than a quick and easy dither, maybe actually draw in the curly hair? The shading, while not that bad, it not coming from any specific direction, there are no cast shadows, the anatomy is lacking in detail, the eyepatch's cord should probably not be a straight line, the side of the head and ear area is a bit confusing, the hands are messy, the pockets looks strange, more detail could be added to the pants, like laces and seams. I'm only getting started, and that doesn't even begin to cover stylistic choices and who knows what else.

But anyway, just do the best you can, and don't ever think you'll be able to make something that is "perfect."

i guess your right. i was on our crappy school computers, so it looked a lot better 8)

Offline skeddles

• View Profile
    • Skeddles.com

Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 02:20:56 am

how is he now?