AuthorTopic: PixelOK Retro-Futuristic Game, need 2D Pixel Artists.  (Read 2148 times)

Offline noodles_lmao

• View Profile

PixelOK Retro-Futuristic Game, need 2D Pixel Artists.

on: January 05, 2018, 06:36:57 pm
PixelOK is a 2d, retro-futuristic platformer set in a world similar to ours where nobody goes outside. The job of the protagonist is to remove the radioactivity from the outside, as well as the mobs and monsters that have generated from it. The protagonist is part of a team called the Allipticals. The people who stay inside are called the Ellipticals. They have stayed inside for so many years that it's just became the new norm. After the protagonist and their team defeat the monsters, they must try to remove people from their homes, to get them to experience the outside world.

This is the main menu screen. Home - Resonance plays in the background of the main menu.

What I'd need from a sprite artist:

* For me, quality > speed. It could take weeks for you to do a single sprite, as long as it's quality.
* I'd need you to be on Windows, or at least have a way to run Windows applications on Mac/Linux (Wine). This way you can see how the game turned out, but if you wish not to see it and just want to make the art, feel free.
* Dedication
* I might potentially need region art or level art. It's 2d so it'd be a couple of rectangles and a textured background.

What I don't need:

* Rushed work.
* The feeling that you need to get it done quickly. There is absolutely no rush
* Non-pixel art.
* Someone who is demotivated.

Benefits for you:

* Early access to the game, granted you're on windows.
* As big a font as you want in the ending credits. For all I care it could be 144pt comic sans. You'd be giving a great help.
* Free access to the final version of the game (windows, again)
* You are allowed to determine the placement of an easter egg. I can't say no to any of these, unless they are 18+ or too obvious (e.g. no special locations to find)

Feel free to negotiate any other benefits, but I have the full right to decline.
I don't need any concept art or any demonstration for now, I just need a GOOD pixel artist that can do what I'm wanting.

Contact me at:
PRIMARY - Steam - when in steam community searching, look for "secret11". I'm noodles.
SECONDARY-BUT-STILL-LIKELY-TO-GET-A-RESPONSE - gcurtiss@technologist.com
SECONDARY - Discord, noodles#3823
TERTIARY - This forum. I probably will keep it open throughout today, or try to, but I'd reallllyyyy prefer if you contacted me via one of the methods above.

Thank you for helping the future of PixelOK!