AuthorTopic: ANIMATING RAIN  (Read 2449 times)

Offline suicidalnoodle

• View Profile

ANIMATING RAIN

on: August 16, 2017, 05:37:39 pm
First off, I believe this is the right place to ask this, but if it's not; I apologize.

Anyway, I'm trying to work on my first animation. It's fairly simple, just a rain cloud with, well... rain. I plan on adding a lightning strike as well, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to animate the rain. Maybe rain isn't the easiest thing to animate, especially for a first time thing, but I've been learning different ways to do clouds, so I took the lazy route. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and btw, I'm using PyxelEdit

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Re: ANIMATING RAIN

Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 06:14:43 pm
You'll have better luck if you post what you have so far in the Animation subforum. It's hard to give feedback and advice without seeing what you have so far, the style you're going for, the scale of the clouds and rain, etc.

Offline suicidalnoodle

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 06:45:00 pm
Ah, right, okay. I'll post some stuff there once I'm actually satisfied with the cloud. I'm still working around with it, but I can't get it right and I'm having a hard time finding a decent tutorial.

Offline Bacrylic

• bacrylic
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 10:31:22 pm
I might be able to make some suggestions when you have it up. I did some rain animation tests.