AuthorTopic: New to Pixeling  (Read 3026 times)

Offline Nonamezleft

• View Profile

New to Pixeling

on: October 14, 2006, 09:06:15 am
Hello!
Well I'm new to pixeling and this board. I am sort of ashamed to post my pixel, but anways..I did this image for the Pallette Challange but my guess was if I posted there I wouldn't get too much cc and suggestions, so I'm posting it here.

Btw, this is my first attempt at pixeling..I have some irl art experience. Just wanted to know what is wrong with it..
Please help me!
Hehe..Thanks! ;)

edit: Just removed the link to imageshack. Please, next time don't put the url part linking to it.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 02:45:25 pm by Panda »

Offline Snippa

• View Profile

Re: New to Pixeling

Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 09:13:56 am
Hmm, I see much potential in your future...
Sorry, no real crits or anything on the image itself... I'll let some of the more experienced people do that, but don't stop with that one...
make some more :P

Offline Niss

• View Profile
    • darkno.de

Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 11:59:18 am
snippa, you sound like a fortune cookie :)
I'd possibly go a bit easier on the dithering and you should try a palette of your own making next time. Not because of some obscure "original" reason but simply palette choosing is an important and fun part of pixel pushing.
Really good though for a first pixel piece. You've definitely done some "looking at other pieces" before doing this - just continue like that!

Offline progFX

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 01:40:58 pm
The peice isn't to bad, looks quite good, about 10000x better then the first peice I ever did, the dithering is quite well done for a first attempt, and the peice overall isnt too bad for a first peice. Great job. 

On a side note, please do not link your images to image shack, when trying to click to zoom the popups occur and its an annoyance. :)