AuthorTopic: [CLOSED] [PAID] Prototyping and Art Direction Required  (Read 2101 times)

Offline RubbishyUsername

• View Profile

[CLOSED] [PAID] Prototyping and Art Direction Required

on: October 16, 2016, 12:11:10 am
Hey, my name is Kieran, and I’m lead developer and designer on a little side project for a few months. My team and I have design, programming and music down but without art we can’t properly prototype and therefore secure funding. For the prototype, we need someone who can handle pixel art for HUDs, sprites and projectiles. As the game becomes more developed we’ll need some proper art direction as well as characters and splash screens.

I’ve ran some numbers and hope to pay in the region of $250 for the prototyping work, which will include a player sprite, a basic HUD and large amount of object work. Almost all of this needs to be animated. Communication is also vital, we’re looking for someone who’s friendly and willing to engage in their role in the game. It helps if you’re near a GMT time zone, but don’t stress it. If you want to work on it full-time, that’s fine, or if it’s something that you work on when you're available we can handle that as well.

Of course, I haven’t said a word about the game itself. Let me give you some back-of-the-box bullet points:
•   Out of alpha in 6 months, released in 12
•   10-15 hour experience
•   “Doom”-style false 3D effect, with a similar level of visual fidelity
•   But it’s about giant robots
•   And it’s also an unholy fusion of California Surf, Spaghetti Westerns and Rockabilly rebellion

If you’re interested or have any questions, or think my payment is way off, let me know here or email me at kwaddy1[at]gmail.com.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 10:48:42 am by RubbishyUsername »

Offline RubbishyUsername

• View Profile

Re: [CLOSED] [PAID] Prototyping and Art Direction Required

Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 10:49:18 am
Thanks for all your interest everybody, but for now I've settled on an artist. Good luck to everyone else!