AuthorTopic: All of my work. Which ones are good and which ones are bad?  (Read 7391 times)

Offline Capta1n_Henry

• View Profile
http://imgur.com/a/5iYn5 What can I do to improve?

Offline Capta1n_Henry

• View Profile

Re: All of my work. Which ones are good and which ones are bad?

Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 12:41:36 pm
Bump

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 06:00:56 pm
Youll probably get more relies if you posted and worked on individual pieces. Nobody has the time to look an comment on your whole gallery.

Offline Glak

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 07:48:20 pm
Youll probably get more relies if you posted and worked on individual pieces. Nobody has the time to look an comment on your whole gallery.

Actually he did post one of his works in a thread and requested comment.  Then two people (myself and one other) replied to him.  He didn't reply or show any new work; our replies fell on deaf ears.  No one is going to waste time replying to him if he can't show that he even reads replies.

http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=20081.0

Offline Capta1n_Henry

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 07:56:53 pm

Actually he did post one of his works in a thread and requested comment.  Then two people (myself and one other) replied to him.  He didn't reply or show any new work; our replies fell on deaf ears.  No one is going to waste time replying to him if he can't show that he even reads replies.

http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=20081.0
I saw your replies at Midnight today AFTER I made this post. I'm sorry. I don't mean to be a jackass. I'm just kinda desperate to get better because I would like to be a game developer. Please forgive me.

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 05:43:28 am
Woah.
Weird energy in here.

Glak: please be a little more patient with new members.

Capta1n_Henry: your sins are absolved. *waves magic bread stick*

That said, take it a bit slower, one art piece at a time.
Work on improving the robot piece in the other thread with the advice you were given.
Put a couple hours into it and re-post.
Even if it doesn't turn out perfect make an update.
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline Capta1n_Henry

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 01:22:41 pm
Woah.
Weird energy in here.

Glak: please be a little more patient with new members.

Capta1n_Henry: your sins are absolved. *waves magic bread stick*

That said, take it a bit slower, one art piece at a time.
Work on improving the robot piece in the other thread with the advice you were given.
Put a couple hours into it and re-post.
Even if it doesn't turn out perfect make an update.

Ok sorry.

Offline supremeartists

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 12:01:38 am
the reason the attitudes are like this is because there's a super egotistical group that formed out of the members here and they have driven away a lot of people

look no further than the slack chat to find this group, they frequently talk negatively about everyone there, it's no surprise that their negative attitudes are now leaking into the forum

Offline trough

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 02:41:00 am
the reason the attitudes are like this is because there's a super egotistical group that formed out of the members here and they have driven away a lot of people

look no further than the slack chat to find this group, they frequently talk negatively about everyone there, it's no surprise that their negative attitudes are now leaking into the forum

I do not recognize this group, but if you are bothered by something I said, hopefully I am not too proud to accept critique on my own behavior in a PM. Hopefully I am not the only one who feels this way.

Offline Roach

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 04:24:54 am

If people talk behind other people's backs in private that's their business. You shouldn't let nay sayers stop you from participating in an activity you enjoy. Sure they can make it less enjoyable, but it's the internet, you'll end up finding someone you can respect on here I'm sure.

@capta1n_Henry It's as simple as practice. If you wanna get better you have to invest more time into it. I would recommend starting on something smaller at first. Your pieces are rather large. Try making a sprite in a 100x100 or even a 50x50 sized canvas, and see what you can do. Try to focus on setting an actual light source, and work on implementing shadows into your work.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 04:28:08 am by Roach »