AuthorTopic: Would you mind if I ask a question?  (Read 2239 times)

Offline ReyminD

• View Profile

Would you mind if I ask a question?

on: August 02, 2015, 09:07:36 pm
I have a question that I have wanted answered for a very long time. Here it is: For organic things, like for example a tree, is a tablet or mouse used to draw the art?

For example, see this thread http://wayofthepixel.net/index.php?topic=18320.0
You're probably going to tell me, you should go and ask their creator, but I want more of a general answer to this.
Thank you.

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile

Re: Would you mind if I ask a question?

Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 09:13:52 pm
Like any tool, its usefulness depends solely on the user. So expect to get a variety of mixed answers.

Personally, using a tablet is easier to sketch out wire-frames for doing people, that is really the only significant disparity I've noticed between a mouse vs a tablet.

However, again, the tool depends on the user, and in my case it is quite possible to knock out a decent human model via mouse.

As an example, here is an edit i did for someone using only the mouse:

Offline ReyminD

• View Profile

Re: Would you mind if I ask a question?

Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 09:15:52 pm
Like any tool, its usefulness depends solely on the user. So expect to get a variety of mixed answers.

Personally, using a tablet is easier to sketch out wire-frames for doing people, that is really the only significant disparity I've noticed between a mouse vs a tablet.

However, again, the tool depends on the user, and in my case it is quite possible to knock out a decent human model via mouse.

As an example, here is an edit i did for someone using only the mouse:

Thanks for the useful information!