AuthorTopic: Cyangmou is a mod now!  (Read 15155 times)

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Re: Cyangmou is a mod now!

Reply #30 on: February 17, 2015, 04:26:01 pm
Good Reads is a good archival step, hopefully there'll be something that points to the future as well at some point.

I'm really sad to see that a lot of my old images in critiques have gone down. There's no backups, I'm afraid.

Anything you have in mind for the " future" part? We've been meaning to get some activities started, but the addition of the animation forum and just general chance brought a certain flow I didn't want to mess with right then.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #31 on: February 17, 2015, 05:07:32 pm
A new skin would be nice.

Plussing replies, both for thanking artists and so there's a visible way to see which posts have been the most useful (for skimming and archival purposes). This would completely replace the current karma system. Just a counter for how many plusses you've gotten on the whole.

Automoderation by minusing posts, if they get more than n amount of minuses they are autohidden. Drama solved forever, mods can do something more useful than janitorial duty.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #32 on: February 17, 2015, 05:24:52 pm
Yeah, I don't think size would be an issue. At least not for pixelart. Hrm.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #33 on: February 17, 2015, 05:52:59 pm
Granted, size is probably not an issue. I'm just not very comfortable with such a feature in general, but sure, we can enable it.

Edit: Seems to work.

Editē: Feedback on the limitations (4 per post, maximum total size 192KB, maximum individual size 128KB) is appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 06:29:38 pm by Crow »
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline Mr. Fahrenheit

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: February 17, 2015, 08:50:01 pm
On a different forum I go on (Picture Wars (plugging :-[)) they used to have a forum uploader which was truth be told, really handy, but it managed to screw things up a lot.

what went wrong was it broke the hosting site's terms of use
also it was fairly insecure and allowed a lot of things it shouldn't to be uploaded, leading to massive amounts of bandwith usage, which is why they [the forum people up above] noticed
they then suspected someone had uploaded malware, nuked the whole folder, and almost permanently closed the account

So says the admin on PW, I'm not sure how much that applies here, but a warning.

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #35 on: February 17, 2015, 09:00:49 pm
Good Reads is a good archival step, hopefully there'll be something that points to the future as well at some point.

One step at a time I guess.
All of us (myself included) are waiting for improvements on the technical site.
But since Crow is the only one (as far as I know) who actually works on the technical stuff and he is also just doing it as hobby it takes time and there is barely any "reward".

However as nice as a new skin, a thanking system and whatever are, it has very little to do with the people hanging around here anyways and not much with the spirit of this board.
After all it's about the crowd of people hanging around here constantly and sharing thoughts - not about the forum software.

Everyone is free to contribute to the qualities wshich really makes this place.
WIth art discussions, critiques, and discussions of all other stuff related to the craft.
As long as we keep that going everything is fine.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 09:04:40 pm by Cyangmou »
"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #36 on: February 17, 2015, 09:12:55 pm
On a different forum I go on (Picture Wars (plugging :-[)) they used to have a forum uploader which was truth be told, really handy, but it managed to screw things up a lot.

what went wrong was it broke the hosting site's terms of use
also it was fairly insecure and allowed a lot of things it shouldn't to be uploaded, leading to massive amounts of bandwith usage, which is why they [the forum people up above] noticed
they then suspected someone had uploaded malware, nuked the whole folder, and almost permanently closed the account

So says the admin on PW, I'm not sure how much that applies here, but a warning.

Shouldn't apply to forum attachments at all.
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline Lighterthief

• Pixel pusher / Painter
    • https://twitter
    • View Profile
    • Waves of Time

Reply #37 on: February 17, 2015, 09:43:14 pm
congratz!

Offline Probo

• View Profile