AuthorTopic: Pixel Art Wiki  (Read 30306 times)

Offline Ai

• finti
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp?id=1996
    • finticemo
    • View Profile

Re: Pixel Art Wiki

Reply #90 on: August 16, 2013, 01:01:40 am
@ Helm: That's because it -is-. Both in graphics and gameplay (and sound; less so music). I think they made a bit of a mistake on the CPC+ version of Stryker (overuse of raster palette effects in a way that occasionally feels dislocated from the rest of the game's aesthetics), so personally I prefer the plain CPC version.
Not quite as awesome as Switchblade (done by the same guys), but very close.

@Carnivac: that's a pretty fair review, although I felt that the flat-color style was somewhat needed to make the characters read consistently against the BG. I'm pretty sure the scaling was just 'because we can';)
SFII was somewhat constricted even in the SNES version, a CPC version would just be laughably limited. (there was a CPC version of SFI, but noone wants to play SFI :) SFA3 was the best done of the SNES ports IMO, it seems pretty solid.

I haven't played SFA for GBC, though I've seen some shots and it seems fairly well done.
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.