AuthorTopic: New to the forums <3  (Read 3566 times)

Offline BoodyA

• View Profile

New to the forums <3

on: June 29, 2013, 01:53:28 am
Hello I am kind of new to the forums , but Iv been checking it every now and then and decided to make an account :D I was bored so I made this and hopefully I can make it better it started getting into me but yeah long story short

smiley saying huh?

any help is greatly appreciated  :)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 12:54:41 pm by BoodyA »

Offline Mr. Fahrenheit

• View Profile

Re: New to the forums <3

Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 02:12:37 pm
The cheeks look fairly pillow shaded and some of the lines are fairly rough and have banding. You should try hue shifting your colors by changing the hue the saturation and the value when shading.

It's looking pretty good so far!

Offline BoodyA

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 11:06:32 pm
Alright following your tips that's what Iv got so far :D , I am sorry I couldn't post a direct image but the IMG Code doesn't appear when I upload the image , I am sorry.  :-[

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=219d1c&s=5

o by the way It would be awesome if some one would like to make his own edit like perhaps different looks :P punk , emo etc.. :D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 11:18:48 pm by BoodyA »

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 05:19:36 am
Right-click the actual image to get the image url..

You're adding way too much detail without cleaning up your lines, there are darker stray pixels, even clusters in strange places.
You should use a lot more contrast and some hue shifting.

Reduce the amount of details to get cleaner shading and make sure the basics like the smiley being round before you move to the next bit.
Eyebrows tend to be important for smileys, but you've added all kinds of wrinkles and details that fight for attention..

Offline BoodyA

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 12:44:23 pm
Iv used hue shifting uhm I can try adding more contrast , as for the smiley circular shading I am not aiming for a circular smiley I was looking for more a human ish looking smiley  :D I'll add eyebrows , but uhm I dont get what you mean with clusters

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 12:57:55 am
Here's some thoughts based on the crits given above:

And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline BoodyA

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 12:30:57 am
Oh piledriver thats interesting :D iv thought of adding a darker color to show the jaw from the face too but I thought of it as a Smiley rounded but then i decided to add realistic features and forgot all about the jaw and , thanks for reminding me of that <3