AuthorTopic: 3D modular isometric -WIP-  (Read 9092 times)

Offline allaze-eroler

• View Profile
    • allaze-eroler's deviantart

3D modular isometric -WIP-

on: April 23, 2012, 08:56:18 pm
hello folks, it's been a while i haven't posted here !

edit: i did reallise one thing that i totally forgot : what is my goal ?

well, the goal i'm trying to reach is to create a scene that make believe you it was a real screenshot of one game but it was not. in fact, it will be done in UDK and will be used for my portfolio as well as a demoreel for everyone to study how i did (with the help of everyone from forums of course). sorry for not mentionning it, i was pretty tired when i posted here ^^;

i have been quite busy lately with various game/3D projects XD well, there what i'm working on right now :

i'm working a kind of isometric stuff in old school style like breath of fire 3 or final fantasy tactics, right now i finished the unwrap of my modular model which you can see there :

i use the metters units setup because i can't find the pixel units setup :/ well, you're welcome to download my model for to see how they work and of course, once i get feedback and finish the modular model, i will share it on SDK thread from other forum. :)

next time, i will try to create some texture in pixel art for the modulat model.

oh i almost forgot it : there my model you can download and check how i did : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14183130/level_isometric.obj

any feedback are welcome ! :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:11:45 am by allaze-eroler »

Offline allaze-eroler

• View Profile

Re: 3D modular isometric -WIP-

Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 11:36:53 pm
new version, i decided to remove these clones because i realised that they will be rotated in the game engine. so...

i also started to work on the first modular texture that you can see there :

the realtime in orthographic view :

there the file that you can mess around and of course, any feedback is welcome :

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14183130/level_isometric_v2.rar

Offline allaze-eroler

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 07:25:47 pm
hello folk, it's been a little while i haven't posted here, let me show you some new progress i did and i think it's getting better :

i did restarted the first module which it's a wall with a bit of green because of vegetations.

first version of tile ground, i don't know if i do it well but i was based on some ancient tile done during medieval time.

there how the module would look like now :

there an example of what is my goal once it's ingame, for the moment, it's a mockup done with photoshop, it will have too many errors by the way ^^; well, there how it look without all the FX :

and with FX :

there the file that you can mess around and of course, any feedback is welcome :
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14183130/low_poly_pixel_art.rar

Offline wurfle

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 01:58:57 am
The textures could use some more color in my opinion. The shading effects do a lot to make the structure more believable, but the tiles look more like porcelain than a medieval sandstone or something similar. So far so good, in terms of the texture projection. Do you have any new screens to show?

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 06:46:01 pm
your biggest problem is the gaps between your floor tiles and bricks is too great, and the detail on your brick wall might be a bit excessive for the style you might be going for, here are some edits/suggestions of the textures and preview in 3D

Offline allaze-eroler

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 12:18:37 pm
sorry for being away so long because i though the forum was down for a while but i can see it's already back ! :D

now time to reply :

The textures could use some more color in my opinion. The shading effects do a lot to make the structure more believable, but the tiles look more like porcelain than a medieval sandstone or something similar. So far so good, in terms of the texture projection. Do you have any new screens to show?

you were right about color, but idea is to make it faded by the time which it tend to desaturate alot but i will try what i can do with it.

i haven't yet have new screen to share since i have been working on the characters for this project. quite a long way to do XD

your biggest problem is the gaps between your floor tiles and bricks is too great, and the detail on your brick wall might be a bit excessive for the style you might be going for, here are some edits/suggestions of the textures and preview in 3D

you were right, thx alot for the suggestion, i can now edit the wall and the ground, i will also make the wall less detailled like you did showed me. :)