AuthorTopic: [PAID] Artist needed for Castlevania style game  (Read 6432 times)

Offline Malenko

• View Profile

[PAID] Artist needed for Castlevania style game

on: June 16, 2011, 05:52:04 pm
Myself being an "average artist" Ive sort of bitten off more than I can chew with doing all the art, music, and level design for my yet to be named project. I have a ton of simple sprites done but what I'd like is for someone to redo my main character, just for starters, if that goes well enemy sprites would be next. I can send any potential artist the mock up sheet, but ideally Id like something better than what I already have and for the main guy to look a lot more Castlevania:Symphony of the Night-ish

A very large part of the engine is already done, main guy walks, crouches, climbs, sprints, jumps, slides, crawls,etc on flat and angled surfaces. Artist will be supplied with betas of the game and engine so they can both see their work and see how it looks. Artist will also get a copy of the game when its done. Idea is to get a fully functioning and complete PC game and potentially port to iOS,360,PSN,etc

This is a frame I touched up from the "Zombie" enemy

I can and will pay, but I will be honest I'm not a big company so I have just the capital from my 9-5 to work with BUT I'm also an artist and I know this isnt the easiest thing in the world to do.

I would like the guy about 100 pixels tall, no palette restrictions, e-mail me for more info and what your rate is.
Malenko@gmail.com please put wayofthepixel in the subject so I dont confuse your mail with SPAM. I would like to see examples of you work

Offline Malenko

• View Profile

Re: [PAID] Artist needed for Castlevania style game

Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 04:54:51 pm
I have an artist on retainer. I'm still looking for potential enemy spriters. They will all have fewer frames of animation so they will not pay as well.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 11:19:31 am by Malenko »

Offline Malenko

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 05:40:01 pm
Also, if someone wants to do some 32x32 tiles for backgrounds, I'll need those as well.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 05:42:25 pm by Malenko »

Offline sonic_reaper

• View Profile
    • Dorian Tokici

Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 06:08:58 pm
Hi I emailed you back with a rate but never got a response ... ?

Offline Malenko

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 06:20:32 pm
For some reason, it keeps putting all the email from you guys into spam. I'll find it and reply now.  :y:

Offline Malenko

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 09:05:05 pm
ok, so the last guy I paid took the money and ran, anyone else wanna give it a shot?

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 10:43:29 pm
sent you an email.

Offline Malenko

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 07:56:41 pm
just wanted to state that it wasnt sonic_reaper that took the money and ran.

I have paid AlexHW, hopefully this works out. Im still needing sprites for enemies (very low frame counts) but I have a shoestring budget. Im just a guy working on the helpdesk trying to fulfill his dream of making a game.