AuthorTopic: pchooooooooo!!  (Read 9681 times)

Offline Tuna Unleashed

• View Profile

pchooooooooo!!

on: February 21, 2010, 03:33:51 pm
sort of slowly but whatever

i kind of took some crit from the last thread and did a bunch of other stuff

btw the girl is sort of a collab between drei and I. not sure if that's allowed but the critique will help either way so... eh. ill take that one down if it breaks any rules
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 06:31:08 am by Tuna Unleashed »

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Re: yeah, still doing this

Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 08:31:36 pm
You're improving an awful lot. I still remember your first hammerman thread. You should look back at it and see for yourself.  :D :y:

Anyways, what exactly is he supposed to be doing in the third animation? Cracking his knuckles.

I also fear the head is too small and that the neck is too long. (On the first character.)

Offline Ai

• finti
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp?id=1996
    • finticemo
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 10:54:10 pm
quick crit: when you raise one arm, your torso rotates and tilts slightly, so the opposite shoulder drops, yes? And your hips do similarly. The middle animation would be much more readable with this kind of mild full body motion.
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.

Offline Tuna Unleashed

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 02:42:15 pm
You're improving an awful lot. I still remember your first hammerman thread. You should look back at it and see for yourself.  :D :y:
i always do stuff like that just to remind myself how shitty i am  ;)

Anyways, what exactly is he supposed to be doing in the third animation? Cracking his knuckles.
yeah, but i just noticed a bunch of stuff wrong with it
I also fear the head is too small and that the neck is too long. (On the first character.)
yeah, i forgot to say its supposed to be viewed at 2x, if it still looks bad let me know because i can honestly barely tell the difference anymore.
quick crit: when you raise one arm, your torso rotates and tilts slightly, so the opposite shoulder drops, yes? And your hips do similarly. The middle animation would be much more readable with this kind of mild full body motion.

mmkay

Offline Tuna Unleashed

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 01:14:50 pm
i really dont feel like wasting another topic on this so... i wont.

like i said, the girl is a collab between drei and i but crits still help so fire away

Offline xhunterko

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 04:45:45 pm
On the green guy. Left leg looks twisted.

Cracking knuckles animation should be a bit slower I think. Otherwise, I recognized it right away.

But see if you can't do a little work on that leg.

Blue scarf girl looks good. Can't see her face like the other guys. Upper torso maybe moved a few pixels to the right. Otherwise it looks just a tad off to me.

Brown white scarf guy looks brown. Make him stand out a bit more. He doesn't look as shaded as the others.

I honestly have no idea what's going on in the animation. If he's shrugging, shoulders are supposed to go upwards.

Other then that, I like the idea. Is this a steampunk/No more heroes cross-over?

Offline Tuna Unleashed

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 06:21:30 pm
i dont see how the leg is twisted, a tad contorted maybe (which he's supposed to be). Cracking knuckles is old, im not even sure if im keeping that animation. you can see her face and the brown dude's details better at 2x, which is how i intend it to be viewed in the finished product. in the anim, he's just breathing. also, the setting is pretty varied. there might be a bit of steampunk stuff but its mostly an alternate present with a few different settings mashed in, some futuristic technology and a society similar to edo japan mixed with modern brazil.
edit: i played with the animation a bit. i think i like how it came out
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 06:52:32 pm by Tuna Unleashed »

Offline Joe

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 12:48:33 am
These are looking pretty sexy, I must say.  Only things I would say are to refine the guy's face with the brown suit, and to point out that the current one's sword is slightly below ground level.

Offline Tuna Unleashed

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 04:11:01 am
how do you mean refine? like add more detail, clarity, what? also, that sword doesn't go past his feet, it only goes past the further back one which means it goes underground...
fuck, good call.
edit: OH YEAH forgot why i made this post

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 05:20:46 pm

I dunno about you, but if I was holding a sword that large, I wouldn't be dragging it back and forth. I would definitely have its tip resting on the ground, and perhaps rock it back and forth from there. If he's on any floor that isn't smooth it would be quite difficult to push the sword tip backwards after dragging it forwards.

I find his legs are pulsing far too much to be believable, almost looks like he has some kind of creature under his skin.

I really like the green guy with the firehands. His upper legs look a bit long in comparison to his lower legs though.