AuthorTopic: [WIP] Game art Hud  (Read 2960 times)

Offline Eskiboy

• Coming up
    • View Profile

[WIP] Game art Hud

on: February 02, 2010, 11:05:38 pm
So i have continued with designing art for this project i have been working on in spare time, My main idea was rather then showing emotion on the base icon itself, should it with a face avatar on the hud, here is the avatar's so far(There not specific emotions at the moment it was just working with the avatar itself)

Here is what i have for the hud so far also:

Feedback on the design would be much appreciated

Offline IvanX

• Blink Blink
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Game art Hud

Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 01:47:32 am
I like it, although, the shading seems somewhat bland and the colors to plain, to neutral in fact.

Also, I could be wrong on this, but the ears are rather high. Check on this with a reference and find out.

Offline 7321551

• a.k.a. Jarrad
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 08:27:11 am
Here's a facial proportions edit:

If it wasn't evident that something was wrong with his jaw area, draw from reference until you've internalized the average human facial proportions. You'll know when you're there because irregularities will stand out.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 11:15:42 am
It's sort of a half top-down view though? ' ___ '

The roundness of the cheek is something that should be improved upon, also giving him some more chin would help. But turning the perspective around completely won't make it better per se.

Also the edit takes the various hue differences and mostly just pinkifies the skin - the original IS much too yellow, but the shadow and highlights being low-saturated and bridged by a band of highly saturated color is showing good form - I'd like to see that improved upon!
' _ '

Offline 7321551

• a.k.a. Jarrad
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 03:44:44 pm
Ah. That's interesting - seems I misinterpreted. Even in hindsight I can't really see it as top-down. I mean, spatially I know that's what higher ears would usually indicate, but that interpretation doesn't seem to cohere with the other features - particularly the eyes. As for the skin, you're right, all I suggested was moving it red-ward a few degrees.