AuthorTopic: Small scale furniture and such  (Read 7208 times)

Offline SirBilly

• MS Painter
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/14358.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Small scale furniture and such

Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 05:35:16 am

It still stands out to the rest. To use black as shading makes it too harsh if I use gray it kinda lacks depth, the contrast between the brown and the gray is wierd in comparison.

I've limited myself to this palette. I'm not sure there's any other colours that would suit it. And I have used a lot of the brown and gray on the other furnitures. And the sofa itself could definitely be improved I think.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 06:44:25 am by SirBilly »

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 05:42:23 am
You no longer need to 2x your images, since Firefox 3.6 has arrived(and fixed the blurring issue)! I really like these. They're very simple, yet seem to imply much more detail than there actually is. In fact, for some reason it reminds me of Cave Story. For the computer desk, what you can do to fix the issue of the two sides not matching:

Instead of just making the cabinet side longer, and thus making it hit the other side and destroying the gap, you can just balance them out.
The leg issue personally seems like the 'lesser of two evils', so to say. It's much less obvious and distracting than the sides that are messing with the perspective. I agree about the moving the computer though, as I had noticed it after I posted that my edit throws off the balance of it all.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 07:09:35 am
I think it's alright to make the couch stand out to the rest....just not to the extent that you were before.

have you tried only (selectively...heheh) outlining  part of the couch, or using a non-black outline?

the assets do have a very cute appeal of their own, good work

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 04:04:24 pm
The highlights on the couch ought to reflect what sort of material the couch is.  If it's soft cushion, I would go with the very top.  But it's it's more of a leather material, I would pick the second one or the last one. 

#3, #4, and #5 are too square to look couch-y in my opinion, unless you want to have the whole zen-right-angles-and-square thing.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline SirBilly

• MS Painter
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/14358.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 10:10:09 am

If I would highlight the second row it looks like it's been lubricated or something. Here's a rounder edit of the square one.