AuthorTopic: WIP- Adventure Game Background - Bridge  (Read 2100 times)

Offline D-BOGG

• View Profile

WIP- Adventure Game Background - Bridge

on: January 23, 2010, 03:59:57 am
Here's a background I've been working on, It's suppose to be a broken down bridge connected by two large rock formations. Underneath the bridge will be a pile of rusted metal, which can be accessed via a large descending ladder and staircase. Please tell me what you think could be improved as I'm new to both Pixelation and pixel art. The piece is obviously no where close to finished, because i'd rather apply crits to it first before going too far in the wrong.

Offline WM

• cubist
    • View Profile

Re: WIP- Adventure Game Background - Bridge

Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 04:54:02 am
Are the two objects in the sky which are composed of the pinks and purples going to be clouds? I know that you're early in development, but they seem a little too solid for me; they look almost as though they are going to fall out of the sky. I'm not completely sure, but I think it might either be your high contrast in values within the clouds, or how unnatural they look against a blue sky (almost as thought they have completely different light sources). Or it might be the fact that everything else is still only blocked-out areas of base colors and not yet developed.

Good start!  :y: