AuthorTopic: [WIP] Naruto Origins  (Read 3445 times)

Offline PixelPowa

• View Profile

[WIP] Naruto Origins

on: December 30, 2009, 03:40:46 pm
My team and i have recently started working on a Anime-Fan game To be honest i dont really know what else to say besides i need some crits XD

This is the hud so far i cant really think of something to make it more..narutoish Dont mind the KI on it it was used for one of my old projects i just forgot to change it,

Here some more recent work i myself like the way i shaded the base but i cant crit my own work so lol thats why im here.

:3 Thanks for the crits in advanced
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 03:47:35 pm by PixelPowa »

Offline circuscommando

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Naruto Origins

Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 12:36:07 am
well since it's only the HUD (i assume) you could probably cut out a lot of space for the time being, that said. what you do have has good readablility, it's just boring.  since you want to make it more 'narutoish" think about what you could add that is related.

take starcraft for example.  the HUD changed depending on what race you were but never interfered with either the readability or gameplay ( linka )  Notice how little they added to the HUD to make it unique? it's up to you to decide what you want to make yours unique. 
recently (started about a year ago) we had a feature thread with a game mockup here there were many drafts of the HUD done and a final picked.  Yours doesn't have to be that glamorous (i love BB's art personally) but it can be an inspiration.
he hobbles and hobbles.

Offline PixelPowa

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 07:57:46 pm
Il keep that in mind i decide to make it a bit more stylish
Player profiles need faces so i decide to put one in the hud its meant to be a template a normal naruto face dont mind narutos collar it doesnt really look like there style can any one help?

Offline WM

• cubist
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 03:30:13 am
Il keep that in mind i decide to make it a bit more stylish
Player profiles need faces so i decide to put one in the hud its meant to be a template a normal naruto face dont mind narutos collar it doesnt really look like there style can any one help?

You are really going to have to do some serious researching and studying if you are wanting to mimic a style -- I suggest finding a still of Naruto's face via google close to the angle at which you're pixeling, and then use that as reference.

What's that on Naruto's left dimple?