AuthorTopic: My first iso-building!  (Read 6386 times)

Offline Pawsofthepanda

• View Profile

Re: My first iso-building!

Reply #10 on: November 28, 2009, 06:20:33 pm
Ok, thank you Zoggles. Made some minor changes that you pointed out, can't believe how sloppy I was with the shadowing of the plants and some of the highlights on the house and stairs. I mean I did the right stuff but as you said I need to be more consistent since I didn't do it to all of the areas/pieces.

I also adjusted the base of the building like you showed in your edit and did the same to the upper ledge to correspond correctly to the lower part. The problem I can see now is that the pieces of wall between the door and the windows is now asymetrical, I tried to enlarge (enlongen) the part to the right of the door (since I adjusted the entire building on that side) but then the window part didn't turn out right instead. I then adjusted that aswell but then I was back at the first problem again (before your edit) only the house was now a bit longer. I erased all of that, what am I missing here?

Also as for the tiling, your tiles do look better and since I'm out of time for the moment I didn't update those yet. Although I did put a little sun in there just to show how I want the light to fall, from the upper left side of the image. Shouldn't the light actually hit the way I tried to pixel? That is the crack in between them beeing lit on the left side and shadowed on the right side which is crammed next to another piece of brick?

Anyway, will play around with the tiling when I find more time, probably tomorrow. Thank you very much for your input so far.

Offline 0xDB

• Dennis inter-is.
    • dennisbusch_de
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/1287.htm
    • 0xdb
    • View Profile
    • 0xDB

Reply #11 on: November 28, 2009, 06:54:18 pm
Something that popped into my eye:

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #12 on: November 28, 2009, 08:23:14 pm
Also something to keep in mind.
If you only have a single light source shadows wont mix. So the little shadow you have under the ledge of the roof on the right side makes no sense. Ideally the whole vertical side should be the same colour as the shadow under the left ledge and the other bits you can change colour a tad, mainly to have some contrast.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Pawsofthepanda

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 01:36:12 am
ptoing: Not sure if I only have one light source in there though, I want the main portion of the light to come from approximately that direction (as shown in my latest update) but since it's supposed to be daylight I figured there would be sharper/darker shadows within the "main shadows"? Perhaps this will be too much for a low res pixel image of the kind I want to create?

Everyone: Thank you for all of your feedback and your edits, I haven't left this project or thread but I've been without a computer for a couple of days and now I'm back. Will consider and tend to everything you've written and keep updating my pink hat shop ASAP.