AuthorTopic: Need Help with Hokage Building from Naruto  (Read 10036 times)

Offline QuaziGNRLnose

• View Profile

Re: Need Help with Hokage Building from Naruto

Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 04:29:12 pm
That could work, but there's one problem... I don't know how to apply any of that on any programs I have... (I have PS, GG, etc) Could you show me how that noise dither is done?

alternatively, you could use the spray can in paint to the same avail, just make the spray can size uber big by pressing ctrl then the plus button on the numpad button long enough so that the brush size gets huge (this works for resizing any ms-paint tool beyond the given sizes, its a neat little secret that really shouldn't be one) you can also adjust the size with the minus, to make it smaller.
Originally posted by Jeff

I AM A GIANT DONUT MANATEE

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 04:45:15 pm
NO NOISE DITHEER @  A  @ BETTER TO COPYPASTE HANDMADE STYLEDITHER THAN NOISEDITHER SRSLY SRSLY
' _ '

Offline Zettman

• Prinny, dood.
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 04:57:08 pm
I tried the spray can and it came out to be messy, the way he did his noise dither came out much cleaner and smoother I'll give that a try now.

Offline rikfuzz

• View Profile
    • twitter @hot_pengu

Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 05:35:58 pm
NO NOISE DITHEER @  A  @ BETTER TO COPYPASTE HANDMADE STYLEDITHER THAN NOISEDITHER SRSLY SRSLY

Normally I'd agree, but at this size, when there's no real texture to work with?  I can't see him finishing this century doing it by hand. Better to use the tools available and add details by hand after.

Offline QuaziGNRLnose

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 05:38:22 pm

made me lol :P, and i kinda like the texture the noise dither gave, it looks more like concrete than a "griddy" pattern would :P
Originally posted by Jeff

I AM A GIANT DONUT MANATEE

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 12:04:14 pm
I don't hate tools, not at all. I just do hate noise dither with a passion. It puts pixels next to each other in ways I'd never allow them to be if I did it myself and creates jaggies, banding, 2x pixel clusters and banding hell.

Maybe spraycan and then edit away stuff? I mean randomness can be good for art. Sure! Anyways he can't go it all over by hand, but he could copypaste portions of dither that he's made by himself without it taking too much time. Anyways control is important yo! : D haha. Well I know we both agree really.
' _ '

Offline Zettman

• Prinny, dood.
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: December 12, 2009, 03:12:15 am
So this is my Kage Building at the moment...

I've used the dithering methods mentioned above, and shaded in some of the yellow tiling, this thing isn't easy... Anything that I might want to check before continuing this?

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #17 on: December 12, 2009, 06:20:38 am
Think about where the light is coming from when you apply shading.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline CrazyMLC

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: December 12, 2009, 06:33:42 am
I'd recommend against dithering or gradients. Why have a pixel artist when you have flash? Programs do much better gradients than any human could do anyway.

As pixel artists we need to stick to our strengths.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 06:37:12 am by CrazyMLC »

Offline Maru

• THIS HOUSE IS CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Werepop

Reply #19 on: December 12, 2009, 04:19:54 pm
I think your shading should follow the curve of the building...right now it doesn't make any sense @~@;;;

So if the building is round, the shading should be round and curving around the corners too. Your shading looks way too straight and not following the curve of the structure...if that makes sense, herpderp. ºwº