AuthorTopic: Asian mole man monk?  (Read 6360 times)

Offline QuaziGNRLnose

• View Profile

Asian mole man monk?

on: November 15, 2009, 06:21:43 pm
well this is very wip, it started off as just me playing with the diagonal brushes in paint now knowing what i was doing, then i started using another color and so the character is currently only 2 colors  :P.

once i completed him i quickly whipped out a rough bg. My question is, are there any major anatomical problems/ weird things going on with anything on the character so i can fix them before i start rendering, and is there anyway/anything you think i could improve the composition and bg elements with?

thanks in advance for the C&C

and yea the pagoda and mole man weren't clipped in, i just drew around them because the bg colors would've messed the edges up.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 06:34:10 pm by QuaziGNRLnose »
Originally posted by Jeff

I AM A GIANT DONUT MANATEE

Offline LoTekK

• View Profile
    • LoTekK.com

Re: Asian mole man monk?

Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 08:16:38 pm
I'm liking the crazy look of the background at the moment, and look forward to seeing where you take it. The monk hmself is a mixed bag, though. I quite like the bedroll and pack, as well as his robes, but the hands and feet are really odd. The hands in particular feel like they're not in the right perspective. Fingers are uncomfortably stubby, and the angle at which the near wrist is bent looks painful.

Offline QuaziGNRLnose

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 08:36:34 pm
well the hands and feet are odd in general seeing as how they have less toes/fingers than normal, the hands are supposed to be in a sort of i dunno praying monk pose so im unsure of whats wrong with them, and in general my drawing style usually comes out as being stubby so ill have to ignore your critique on at least that  ::). apart from my stylistic choices im not really sure what else you see wrong with the wrist, a little edit could help, since i usually look at my art and once i imagine it a certain way i really have a hard time seeing through what i intended to do. and im glad you like the bg so far :y: im really a novice at doing them, this is really my first piece ever with one :P

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 09:35:45 pm
Compositionally, you may want to consider removing the bright-red crab or campfire you have on the beach there, or dulling it down. Don't let it compete for attention with the monk.

I like everything so far, though.

Offline QuaziGNRLnose

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 09:42:20 pm
ha that was just a doodle :P i didnt even think anyone would notice it in the busy bg

Offline QuaziGNRLnose

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 10:54:49 pm

ive begun rendering since the thread was dying and i wasn't getting any big crits. here it is so far!

edits,C&C are welcome

Offline Alcala

• ...Look at my eyes...
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 12:19:55 am
Wow great shading and awesome colors, I like the background it really blends in.

Offline QuaziGNRLnose

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 05:39:23 pm
update:

Offline QuaziGNRLnose

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 08:32:02 pm

which colour for the hat (and eventually) the robes would you guys prefer?

Offline Sly

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 08:50:15 pm
I'm liking the blue. It should connect the piece together more if you have water in the background or it might break it also.

It's pretty much just opinion on favorite color right now until the rest of the piece comes into play.
No zombies here.