AuthorTopic: [Novice Pixel Art]  (Read 31271 times)

Offline micintexp

• View Profile

Re: [Novice Pixel Art]

Reply #50 on: November 17, 2009, 02:35:06 am
Like this?

Offline QuaziGNRLnose

• View Profile

Reply #51 on: November 17, 2009, 03:05:24 am

DO LIKE THIS!!!! stop using outlines, and use a brush instead! ur results gonna suck be and be difficult to expand on the way your working right now!
Originally posted by Jeff

I AM A GIANT DONUT MANATEE

Offline micintexp

• View Profile

Reply #52 on: November 17, 2009, 03:17:12 am
nose,let the others critique my work,Thanks.

Learn to read,The Trunk is not coloured,just the outlines I have draw for the others to tell me if it's a right way or not.

That picture you posted that dude used pixels not burshes he use GraphicsGale,And Only with a pencil tool.

And so far my result won't sucks with only a pencil tool.
If it would suck,Scrib wouldn't have done this with just a pencil tool.
http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=8291.0
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 03:20:54 am by micintexp »

Offline LoTekK

• View Profile
    • LoTekK.com

Reply #53 on: November 17, 2009, 03:36:08 am
You actually seem to have lost the plot of the very thread you linked to. Quazi's point is that you should focus more on overall construction, instead of linework. In the thread you linked to, note that Scriblette doesn't start from an outlined tree that he then goes ahead and colors and shades. He starts with a rough paint of the object, with some basic lights and darks, after which he goes in and refines. It's entirely possible to start with linework, but you really need to have your construction and observation skills down pat before you can do so properly. Start with a big pixel brush, say a round 5-pixel brush in GG. Block in a couple of trees, using reference to get the overall shapes correct. Don't worry about clean lines yet. Once you've gotten comfortable with representing the shapes, you can go in and refine the work at a pixel level.

quick example (bit sloppy and skips the refining step):

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #54 on: November 17, 2009, 11:18:47 am
micintexp, who is allowed to say what is not decided by you, Quazignrlnose is allowed to say whatever he/she wants as long as it's not offensive or off-topic, etc.

If you feel that someone's post is offensive or shouldn't have been posted, please use the report function of the forum, and us mods will take care of it.

Also you're misunderstanding what he's trying to tell you. You're using a 1 pixel wide brush (or pencil, or whatever you'd like to call it) to draw outlines of your tree, and then you fill it in.

He's suggesting that you draw the tree as a solid shape, so that instead of having one color for the outline and one for the filling, you use one color for all of it when you draw the shape, after that you can add more colors.

The problem with your latest tree is that the small branches still vary much in size, and the problem might be because it's hard to draw the shapes right from the beginning if you're starting with the outline.

Thus I really agree with nose, he meant to use a WIDER brush (and use the pencil tool) not to use any special kinds of brushes. Please try to use a wider brush and draw the shape of the tree before continuing. You're showing good progress, please continue to work hard.

Also be nice to the people trying to help you, don't take out your frustration on them.

Aaalso QuaziGNRLnose, try to be a little more polite when offering critique, since it's probably better recieved if not coated in your own frustration, kay? : D
' _ '

Offline micintexp

• View Profile

Reply #55 on: November 17, 2009, 05:57:57 pm
I'm trying my best to be nice,but sometimes peoples just come in a way of writing that makes me frustrated or sad you know what I mean...

Like they just tell me "Do it like this!!" its like a offense to me.

But im trying my best again to try for another tree,will try my best to stick calm and so.

Today I have walk to certain trees in real life to watch how the leafs are builded and so.

On-Topic:

So the point is I schould just draw a tree with a pencil size of 5 and colour it with the same colour then try where to put the brench and so?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 06:03:20 pm by micintexp »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #56 on: November 17, 2009, 05:58:58 pm
I'm trying my best to be nice,but sometimes peoples just come in a way of writing that makes me frustrated or sad you know what I mean...

Like they just tell me "Do it like this!!" its like a offense to me.

Sounds like your problem, not theirs so please try to remain calm when receiving criticism.

Offline micintexp

• View Profile

Reply #57 on: November 17, 2009, 06:17:41 pm

Something anywhere near like this ?

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #58 on: November 17, 2009, 07:41:47 pm
the branching works better now, I like that! Good job.

Biggest problem at the moment is that branches are the exact same width, also I like the ones where the small branches split earlier - anyways make the branches thicker gradually as they get close to the main trunk. Also .. more branches!

(actually focus on the branches closest to the trunk, make them thicker, you'll want to add leaves soon anyways ' u '
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 07:43:27 pm by Jad »
' _ '

Offline micintexp

• View Profile

Reply #59 on: November 17, 2009, 08:23:19 pm
Im still studying my english.

SO what does thicker means ?

And what does Width means?

Edit:I didn't know what the words mean but anyway.

Anything near like this?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 09:00:35 pm by micintexp »