AuthorTopic: The Hidden Passage[WIP]  (Read 7813 times)

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Re: The Hidden Passage[WIP]

Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 03:16:03 pm
Great stuff guys!

Elk: I'm really digging that small extra waterfall idea. I'm so using that.
I'm not sure about the colour edits though, I'm not so much for more purple and blue. It makes the valley look very chilly, while I really want to convey a warm feeling with this piece.

Oh, and I look more like a girl than Daniel does, trust me.

Lollige: I agree very much. Everything of importance is boring and centered. I tried shifting it a bit so the fisherman is now on 2/3 of the drawing, and also on the 1/3 bottom line. This should draw him more attention.
I'll fix the waterfalls later.

How's this?

Offline Chris2balls

• Pixel Artist
    • ckelsallpxls
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/14966.htm
    • chris2balls
    • chriskelsallpixelart
    • View Profile
    • Chris Kelsall's Pixel Portfolio

Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 05:58:30 pm
How about giving more shape to the outline of the cliff ledges on the third and fourth layers? They seem rather smooth to the wonderful work you did on the second and first layers. The water's looking good, could I suggest you give more flow/ripples to the stone on the left and the waterfall? I'd see the sky with a bit more blue (and purple) and less red in it, but that's up to you. Looking forward to more!
☑ Available for work     ☒ Unavailable for work
Check out my portfolio if you are looking for a pixel artist!

Offline TVboyCanti

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 07:22:08 pm
Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. I didn't have enough time to write a proper criticism and the "fisherman" just looked like an unshaded rock to me in the earlier pictures. Obviously it looks much nicer now. The tinyness of it adds great scale to beautiful backdrop. The only thing I could criticize are the moss patches in the right foreground. I don't know if they are still wip but they look really flat. Kind of like someone spilled green paint on a beautiful painting. I think if u added another color fir shading and also made the moss patches follow the contour of the rock[shading] maybe it would fix?