AuthorTopic: Pixelation Rebirth?  (Read 22445 times)

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Re: Pixelation Rebirth?

Reply #20 on: March 11, 2006, 04:13:01 am
I prefer the pixelopolis colours to the pixelation blue, personally.

Though this is a default design, right? Thats not showing much enthusiasm for the forum.

I love the pixelopolis colors, too, but it would be nice to have an original design of its own. :s

And I am in 100% agreement with your response, Captain Blood. I really miss the feeling.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 04:15:06 am by Darion »
@darionmccoy

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #21 on: March 11, 2006, 10:17:16 pm
the good, old times.

I dont care what technical mumbojumbo you have to support a bland gray and white colorscheme, the pixelation color layour is far more personal and nostalgic. just the colorscheme made it feel like that comfortable little hole behind some abandoned house that only you know, and where you can be yourself that you have when you are a kid.

I couldnt care less for the banner though :p.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 11:50:41 pm by Camus »

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: March 11, 2006, 11:24:41 pm
Aesthetical issues aside, I do think pixelation's values have been eroded in pixelopolis, I never saw random attacks on other people back there.
I remember it being pretty bad during the last couple of months before the hacking. Remember the trashings Dark Angel 13 would get in the threads he made?

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #23 on: March 11, 2006, 11:47:25 pm
I guess I just blacked that out to preserve that pristine image of pixelation I have. I honestly dont remember....I guess I better just remove that comment.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 11:51:40 pm by Camus »

Captain Blood

Reply #24 on: March 11, 2006, 11:54:51 pm
Aesthetical issues aside, I do think pixelation's values have been eroded in pixelopolis, I never saw random attacks on other people back there.
I remember it being pretty bad during the last couple of months before the hacking. Remember the trashings Dark Angel 13 would get in the threads he made?

He was an idiot though with a seemingly large ego.  There were instances where he'd insulted work on friends games that me and a buddy had done and then offered his services to improve them.  And was it him to tried to do 'minimalism' or something?  Been a while but I remember him being a bit of a troublemaker on Pixelation and the Game Maker forums.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #25 on: March 12, 2006, 12:00:06 am
look what I have started.

uh, guys, can we stop that subject? I really think it is no use to discuss how some X person used to be an ass ages ago.

Captain Blood

Reply #26 on: March 12, 2006, 12:04:34 am
Hey, I'm just pointing out that it wasn't exactly 'random attacks' is all...

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #27 on: March 14, 2006, 08:12:39 am
I dunno if this is the default colour scheme. It works. I come here for the critique and the pixel discussion, not because of the colours, and pixelopolis still delivers in my opinion (I do not say this because I am a moderator, people who know me know that I don't mince my words) and that's what's important.

I'm certain though, that when it becomes a priority, the skinning of the forum will be worked on.

Offline BlackEye

• View Profile
    • blackeye.org

Reply #28 on: March 24, 2006, 09:31:34 am
wow... seeing the colors of and the banner of the old pixelation board again makes me feel nostalgic
i loved the old days -- specially the "avatar wars"
-blackeye-

Offline Locrian

• View Profile
    • BURHTUN: online portfolio

Reply #29 on: March 24, 2006, 10:48:18 am
I think this forum is great.  Better colors.  Less people.  No bugs.  Highfives to all who put work into it.