AuthorTopic: Pixelation Rebirth?  (Read 22442 times)

Offline Scuba Steve

• View Profile
    • Incredible Baron

Re: Pixelation Rebirth?

Reply #40 on: April 22, 2006, 07:04:01 am
Remember the 100 character rule? That was great.
Yes.
Glub Glub!

Offline Neoriceisgood

• View Profile

Reply #41 on: April 22, 2006, 12:40:17 pm
Yes.

My god I love you.  :)

Personally I always found pixelation very frightening, there were so many people, but above that;

Whenever I tried posting a new piece, it would just get 8 comments from people who were trying to get to 15 posts saying "lol daz great! ..........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and not -one- post with critique in it,

I prefer pixelpolis, as it feels far less crowded than pixelation in it's final days.

Offline sedgemonkey

• Gimme gimme gimme
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Joint

Reply #42 on: April 24, 2006, 09:16:09 pm
I'm not sure I even understand where the "Pixelopolis is temp forum" angle is coming from.  What's wrong with this forum?  If it has anything to do with colors/header/layout that can easily be a "theme" thing that can be implemented here. 

Why drag all the pixel people to another forum just so it can be called Pixelation? Seems rather pointless.

Offline goat

• bl33t
    • View Profile

Reply #43 on: April 25, 2006, 12:28:05 am
Quote from: me
It's a pain in the ass, but the added features of a more customized forum software should be worth it.
  It has nothing

To clear some things up:

1) The forum linked at the top of this post is in no way related to the improvements planned to Pixelation (obvious I know, just making sure).

2) Pixelopolis is a temp forum.  It has always been a temp forum, this is nothing new. 
Quote from: the front page

3) The old Pixelation had a couple issues with post quality and navigation that were exascerbated by having such a large userbase at the time; we planned on adding a few new features (post flagging/sorting, etc) that would smooth everything out if we ever saw that kind of traffic again.  (There are much fewer people around now, but the overall user quality is at a high we haven't seen for a while imo.  Hopefully the bandwagoneers, rippers, asspatters and me-tooers will be kept to a minimum through attentive modding :p)

4) Most people who talk about the "old days" are talking about the time around when they first joined.  Not only is this pretty inaccurate to what Pixelation really was like in the beginning, but it doesn't even matter anyway.  This isn't to sound snobby, it's just to say that these communities are an evolutionary thing; your "old days" are gone as are mine, and even if those circumstances came to be again, they'd be radically different from everyone else's perception of the "old days".  We can't try to stop the community from changing, doing so is what led the GDR to stagnate and die and Pixelation to spin off in its own direction in the first place.  What we can try to do is remain THE place for pixel c+c for the masses. To that end, we're going to build a bigger, better forum.  If that's not worth having to take the time to reregister your username on said new forum, well then, that's your call.

Yeah, funny you should reminisce about that since it was put in as a countermeasure to stem the flow of crappy, useless posts.  You don't want those days back do you? :p
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 12:53:48 am by goat »
typing ewith fdace

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #44 on: April 25, 2006, 07:22:57 am
Actually... I just miss the blue.

Also, the downward spiral Pixelation found itself in just before it met certain doom, was a little exciting for a new moderator like me. I got to lock threads and delete posts all over the place! I miss doing that!

But it's a relief to not have to do it constantly. This place is still really awesome, so far.

I just miss the blue.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #45 on: April 25, 2006, 10:08:12 am
That blue pixelation had was for masochists.
It was horrible (IMO), esp. when switching from it to a lighter (color wise) site, it would make me see in negative for a few secs.
("Maybe" it was useful to check if selout worked in dark bgs, but then some people also tried AAing the outlines so it would work on it, and I think that's awful.)
Anyway I'm kinda glad with the colors right now, my eyes thank it.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #46 on: April 25, 2006, 12:25:44 pm
The colors here should be about 20 points darker, because that'd be a great neutral tone to check sprites against, but on the whole I prefer this to the pixelation blue, definately.

Offline God Slayer

• No one expects the Spanish Inquisition. No one.
    • View Profile

Reply #47 on: April 25, 2006, 06:47:26 pm
I don't remember reading if you have or have not done any work on the new forum? Is it still a dream, is someone working on it, is it on the verge of realease?

Offline jeiki

• 24 hour ninja
    • View Profile

Reply #48 on: April 26, 2006, 12:05:48 am
awww, it's down, i loved that forum. pixelation! i only remember the bruce lee banner and dark colors.. aww, its down
極度のレーザーの多色刷りの飛行の浮かぶバナナに対す る非常に熱く熱いロボッ

Offline goat

• bl33t
    • View Profile

Reply #49 on: April 26, 2006, 02:27:18 am
I don't remember reading if you have or have not done any work on the new forum? Is it still a dream, is someone working on it, is it on the verge of realease?

We're in what you might call alpha testing.  Pep and I are working on it.  We're both busy individuals with radically different schedules, so the going is slow.  Information will come as we commit to some of the changes we are planning and throw out some of the ones that won't work.  Not really much to tell at this point, but we don't plan on keeping you guys in the dark.
typing ewith fdace