AuthorTopic: Gurren Lagann thing  (Read 4117 times)

Offline Tuna Unleashed

• View Profile

Gurren Lagann thing

on: October 11, 2009, 04:01:33 am
i was gonna submit this to pj but it got rejected for being unfinished but in the process i learned that people actually liked it so i decided to finish.

its still not quite done but i figured i was close enough to let you guys rip into it.
also i used this as my main ref
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 04:03:17 am by Tuna Unleashed »

Offline MegaLeon

• View Profile

Re: Gurren Lagann thing

Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 09:02:20 am
Woo, i like it. Good job as always, Tuna.
I'd like to see how it feels with the second head (the one on the right).

Mhh, in my opinion, the dithering on the hands and the joints on the biggest one is unnecessary.

Offline Kyuu

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 10:42:11 am
I agree that the large dithered areas aren't doing much for the picture's general look. I'd also rework the lines especially on the left arm (as seen from our view) because they read as a bit squiggly currently. Maybe try tilting the angles a bit if it can make the lines cleaner and you don't want to AA for smoothness.

Lastly I'm not a huge fan of the foot. The 'calve'-area looks pretty uninspired, and the details mostly looks like bumps in the metal. I'd go for something more sectioned and chunky.

The "mouth" is really neat though. :D

EDIT: Ah, sorry, didn't see the reference picture at first, I thought it was your own redesign... Well, then nevermind my ideas on the feet; you're just gonna have a hard time translating the venty texture to pixels. If you look at the reference picture though, you'll see that the texture is mostly just highligted lines. Try going for the same color combo and you might end up with a less wrinkly look. :O
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 11:02:46 am by Kyuu »

Offline Koi Kami Mauro

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 10:51:06 am
Are you going to go insane and do the Arc Gurren Lagann? The galaxy one?

Offline Tuna Unleashed

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 01:34:13 pm
leon- so you want me to up the colour count? most of the dither sections would look odd if i replaced them with any colours i'm already using.
koi- this is arc gurren lagann, choginga is the galaxy something or other, and tengen toppa is pierce the heavens gurren lagann.
edit:
also the second head was the older one and it just didn't look badass enough. i still liked it so i kept it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 02:49:56 pm by Tuna Unleashed »

Offline Koi Kami Mauro

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 03:28:38 pm
Oh, ok. Been a while since I last saw this anime, so I got the galaxy and arc mixed. Are you doing Choginga, then?

Offline Tuna Unleashed

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 03:34:58 pm
haha no. im trying to make these somewhat sort of close to proportionate so chouginga would probably kill me. tengen toppa would probably be about the size of an actual lagann.

Offline Tuna Unleashed

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 05:56:27 am
i think im finally done with this sucker