AuthorTopic: I need some game inspiration  (Read 2159 times)

Offline endless_dark

• View Profile

I need some game inspiration

on: October 10, 2009, 08:08:17 pm
Good Night! I'm a computer engineering student and amateur game programmer. I want to create some games for practicing and fun but my inspiration is gone. So I'm calling you for help. I would like to make some easy to play an fun 2D game.
Some games like that:
 - Pang
 - Burger time <--- I really love that one
 - Flicky

Can somebody help me?

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Re: I need some game inspiration

Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 08:39:13 pm
Hey. K, I got one for ya . . . (lemme think of it first . . . )

. . .

. . . ok then.

You will now make a very simple 2D game. DO NOT overcomplicate it with features you don't need. A very simple platformer example.

This game will feature the user controlled character Swishy, the friendly antibody. In his organic microscopic world he has the job of protecting cell herds in transit, like western cattle herders, only the game's environment is inside a living body, which presents much abstract diverse artistic possibility, think of Spore's cell stage.

Each level consists of a start point, and an end point - where Swishy has to get his herd to complete the level. Not only does he have to control the flock, but he has to protect them from evil viruses that try to carry them away and/or eat/hurt them.

Every level may have a quota for the quantity of cells Swishy must get into the safety zone, or he could just need to have one left.

It's basically a side scroller crossed with a base defense game I guess.

Each cell could have a certain HP, be upgraded, given defenses, etc. Same goes for Swishy, he could buy upgrades of some sort as well.