AuthorTopic: RPG Map  (Read 4005 times)

Offline mrToad

• View Profile

RPG Map

on: September 28, 2009, 07:49:06 pm
Heya. I know my pixel art is not the best. I have received some graphics feedback on this RPG in development already, but wanted to see the response from this site. Which is very cool, by the way. I'm glad I found it. Please have a close look and let me know.

EDIT: replaced with .png image

EDIT: new version:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 03:47:42 am by mrToad »

Offline Endpiece

• View Profile

Re: RPG Map

Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 07:51:38 pm
Although I'm not a very good person to take critique from (still learning the ropes myself), I do have to say it's a much better idea to compress your images into .gif or .png format than .jpeg. JPEG compressions really degrades the quality of your picture.

Offline mrToad

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 08:10:04 pm
Thank you, I replaced it with a .png.

Offline HughSpectrum

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 02:39:18 pm
I won't nitpick every detail since this looks nice enough already, but the trees would be formless blobs if it weren't for the use of highlights, I would probably work on them more.  The brown house towards the back also isn't refined like the other houses, having jarring outlines that go against the low contrast outlines the other houses have.

Looking at the other houses now, I notice the roof pattern goes at an odd angle.  A pain to tile, I know.

Offline mrToad

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 03:55:03 pm
Thanks for your feedback KittenMaster. I've changed the roof tiles as seen in the second image. The trees still need work. I think I'd prefer a non-outline style, I was just testing to see what outline looks like. Thanks again

Offline captain_clayman

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 04:18:55 am
that looks pretty good, except the building on the right doesn't really match because it has a black outline and the other buildings don't.  maybe just use a darker shade of the pinkish orangeish stuff you're using for the outline.

Semmu

Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 07:57:56 pm
like it, but i think it isnt well detailed. i know its 2*2 pixel art, but everything is too perfect. the roof, the wall, the water, and the road too.
im not a pixel artist, so its just my own opinion :)