AuthorTopic: [WIP] Face Melt  (Read 3126 times)

Offline Pixelized

• View Profile

[WIP] Face Melt

on: September 20, 2009, 12:05:28 pm
First, some uber quick history. I used to be a part of pixelation back in the day before you guys moved the website. I was an avid member, albeit young (think i was only 15 or 16, 21 now) and extremely inexperienced... So I am still extremely inexperienced... but a little older now :P Anyways, I am in college and for a final project I have to create a video game so I figured "Hey, why not make pixel art for it?!" So I remembered you guys and binged ya up and here I am... On with the piece.

This piece literally started as one line... I wasn't sure where I was going or where I am going to end up. At this point it is almost nothing but linework with some pretty colors thrown in. The only thing that I was sure about (only after I started mind you) is that I want the face to have slight bulk to it, and leaning slightly to the right.

Anyways... C+C, edits, etc... anything to help me out and get my pixelly juices flowing.

Thanks guys... and it's good to be back.

EDIT

Latest

« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 02:08:47 pm by Pixelized »

Offline Pixelized

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Face Melt

Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 01:35:23 pm
Okie Dokie then.... Started becoming a little more decisive with what I am trying to achieve... Cleaned up some of the linework... then added more sloppy linework :P Hopefully you guys can see kinda what I am going for though. I know the squished eye's iris is more detailed than the other one but I plan on fixing that pretty soon.

By the way, this is all extremely rough (obviously XD) and I hope to have it looking much better once I have figured out exactly what I am trying to accomplish. Comments and Critiques are mucho appreciated... if your looking at it you may as well tell me what I can do to make it better or flame it, tell me it sucks whatever :P

Offline Pixelized

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 02:07:52 pm
Update, yet again :P Not quite tired with this one just yet even though I have been fiddling with nothing but the damn linework for 2 hours :D

Here Yee GO!

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 12:07:20 am
Hello, and welcome (back)!

Creepy piece :). It's huge, though, you're creating a tonne of unnecessary work. You could shrink this down to something like 64x64 - 128x128. What kind of game is it for?

When laying out initial colours for roughing in the piece, try selecting say 4 values to cover the range from shadow to light, instead of multiple hues of a similar value range. This way you can block in the form, instead of just colouring shapes.

Offline Pixelized

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 01:26:28 am
Yeah.... its not really for a game... just kinda a warmup :P

Good advice though... think I am gonna give up on it and just move onto sprites for my game.... hopefully with a few months of fine tuning i will be able to come up with something. Thanks for the advice man