AuthorTopic: Laser-Spewing Space Sneaker  (Read 2973 times)

Offline Kyuu

• View Profile

Laser-Spewing Space Sneaker

on: September 17, 2009, 10:48:50 pm
Hello, everybody! Long time lurker, first time poster here. I guess you could say that I've had an interest in pixelation for a long time, but never really started to delve into it until just recently.
I'm working on a game using Multimedia Fusion 2 for school. We decided to make it a space shooter and I started out by drawing the hero of the game, a mighty spacecraft with the shape of a radical sneaker and the firepower of two deathstars! Oh yeah. Anyway, it looked like this:

Eventually, as I made more graphics for the game, I saw how my original ship was looking less and less impressive compared to the other stuff I drew, so I decided to touche it up a bit.
So here's how it looks now:

Anyway, I'm kinda happy with the improvement, but I'm feeling drained as of now. It looks kinda blurry and well.. all over the place. Just dunno what to do with it. I could use some pointers. ^^;;

EDIT: For some reason Tinypic transformed my pictures to .jpg... Sorry about that if it ticked someone off; should be the right files now. >_>
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 10:51:48 pm by Kyuu »

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Re: Laser-Spewing Space Sneaker

Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 12:06:32 am
Man I don't even know

But I made this

It's got a weeeee bit more definition but it's not the makeover I'd like it to be! : D;,
' _ '

Offline Kyuu

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 01:16:25 pm
Updated image, from peeking extensively at Jads edit!  ;D

I tried to adopt his takes on shading and transitions, but I'm keeping the color balance kind of as it was since it fits the game setting a little better. I'm liking the looks now, and it blends quite well into the game.
Any further C&C is always welcome, though I'm most likely going to use the current version for the game, as we only have one more day to finish it and there's much else that needs to be looked at. Thanks for the input!

EDIT: Seeing them side to side like this makes me still want to rework the windows. Always had trouble getting reflections right. Possible update due to fix that...  :(
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 01:51:50 pm by Kyuu »

Offline Chris2balls

• Pixel Artist
    • ckelsallpxls
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/14966.htm
    • chris2balls
    • chriskelsallpixelart
    • View Profile
    • Chris Kelsall's Pixel Portfolio

Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 02:37:28 pm
You need more contrast on the window. I don't know if you can manage on that resolution, but you could try and emulate the texture you get on Star Wars ships. I love the idea (being a sneak freak)! I'm impatient for more progress!
☑ Available for work     ☒ Unavailable for work
Check out my portfolio if you are looking for a pixel artist!

Offline Kyuu

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 10:17:25 pm
Well, quick patchwork for the windows. That's all I have time for since we're meeting up to assemble the game tomorrow.  :blind:

Once the game is finished, if we feel good about it, I might just throw up a link and/or some screenshots in the forums.  ;D