AuthorTopic: He came back after all.  (Read 2297 times)

Offline redballoon

• View Profile

He came back after all.

on: September 02, 2009, 03:29:50 pm
I came across a shed load of Atari ST disks in my loft along with my Atari ST itself - rejoice.
Amongst them were some of my graphics disks, so using the power of magic* I've managed to get some graphics off of the disks.
These are the ones so far.

Ooff, the Terminator text just gets lost, doesn't it? I'm sure I did a version with an advanced version of Neochrome (ST gfx utility) where you could use multiple palettes which meant I could create a whole new palette just for the text.

Coming from doing graphics on a ZX Spectrum where anti-aliasing was impossible, you can see I've tried with limited success.....

Again, so used to the Spectrum's limited colour palette and quirky attributes and just getting used to having all these colours i.e. I wasn't really. I mean look at the rubbishy moon.

Anyway, these are about 18/19 years old and are untouched. I'll try and get more off these disks.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: He came back after all.

Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 04:15:49 pm
Hi. These are really interesting as pieces of history, thanks for sharing.

Any chance for you to do new work we could criticize to its betterment, though? That's kinda what this place is here for.

Offline redballoon

• View Profile

Re: He came back after all.

Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 04:17:54 pm
Oh, i'm on new work, don't worry. Some of the Spectrum work in my other post was new work  :)
But, yeah, I'm doing some new work..I'm just not very quick.