AuthorTopic: New Pixel art forum looking for members...  (Read 3909 times)

Offline Pixel Lounge

• View Profile

New Pixel art forum looking for members...

on: August 22, 2009, 12:16:51 pm
Hi, there is a new pixle art forum, http://thepixellounge.forumotion.com/forum.htm
and it is looking for members and moderators, and any one is welcome, so it would be great if you could join and display your work there.

Thanks for reading this, and I look forward to seeing you there.

Offline Beoran

• View Profile

Re: New Pixel art forum looking for members...

Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 06:10:49 pm
One word of advoide yo tou: trim down the amount of sub-forums a bit. Certainly in the beginning, you're just diluting your audience. Expand as your audience does. Hope that helps.:)
Kind Regards, Beoran.

Offline fortunato

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 11:36:02 pm
One word of advoide yo tou: trim down the amount of sub-forums a bit. Certainly in the beginning, you're just diluting your audience. Expand as your audience does. Hope that helps.:)
this is true... i am severely intimidated by the amount of subforums!!! i couldnt give you a reason why but i just am.. maybe its the amount of blank forums? i guess people have a little trouble starting things up themselves when there isnt already something to add on. may i suggest possibly a general discussion sub forum and a pixel art forum? yes only two forums.. but that could definitely spur some activity, as people definitely feel a bit intimidated.. also, look at other forums for reference... if you notice, the main page of say, pixelation has some empty space and the main 'table' of forums sits in the center of the page. the pixel lounge, on the other hand, seems a bit cluttered. while this also has to do with the insane amount of forums it also has to do with the fact that the table stretches out ALL the way to the sides.... you can fix this by finding a theme that doesnt do that, or if youre html/css savvy, do it yourself :P . also try and think about what kind of forum theme would communicate a friendly atmosphere that encourages members to post and contribute (if thats not the atmosphere youre looking for just completely disregard that!! haha)
jeez that sounded like a pixel art crit... but i would love to see another active pixel art community around here!!! keep the pixel art alive!

Offline Pixel Lounge

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 10:55:37 am
I'll focus on all that once I've got more members, right now we need a lot more.

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 02:30:30 pm
I think, to an extent, what fortunato and Beoran are saying is that you should trim down the forums if you hope to get a healthy number of visitors. It's going to be hard to get people to stick around when the first thing they see is like 20 different sub-forums with little to no activity. People are sheep, if there are no posts and the place looks empty, people will also not post and abandon the site before they've even given it the chance.

By trimming down the forums to the bare necessities, you will give focus to those who visit, which in part will encourage activity, which as a result will give the impression that the forums are active and further propagate your success as each newcomer further develops your forums.

Afterward, depending on the community you've attracted, you can start bringing back some/all of those sub-forums.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 03:00:25 pm
What they said.

Also it's just a tad cheeky to sign up here to then go and advertise for your forum, no?

Hence I am locking this and people who want to help or continue this discussion can do so on the advertised forum.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.