AuthorTopic: [WIP] Still need help with running sprite...  (Read 8825 times)

Offline sfried

• View Profile

Re: Still need help with running sprite...

Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 11:59:53 pm
http://www.idleworm.com/how/anm/02w/walk1.shtml Has a really helpful walking tutorial, but it definitely transfers over to running as well. Right after the front foot touches ground would be your recoil phase where all of her weight has been put on to that foot causing the bend in the knee and the lowering of the body as your are really catching yourself every time you step. Gravity is pulling you down and you prevent falling on your face by swinging that foot out front and catching your weight.
Thanks for clearing that up. I was confused about the part the poster said about the dip in the hips and bend in the spine, but I guess I know which frames people are referring to now. And thanks for the link. It really helps.

Are there any good jumping references out there?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 12:17:29 am by sfried »

Offline sfried

• View Profile

Re: Still need help with running sprite...

Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 02:46:17 am
I've edited the knees at the recoil point so that its more bent. As a result, I've also shifted the torso slightly lower. Apparently the problem with the previous one is that the knee was not bent quite enough to make it look like a convincing recoil:

So here's what I've gathered so far: The recoil/passing is the lowest part of the bob, which is right after the foot makes contact with the ground. The knee of that foot should be at its most bent position since the frame after that is the high point. Am I getting this right?