AuthorTopic: Iso walk  (Read 3514 times)

Offline Sabata

• View Profile
    • TownsLife

Iso walk

on: July 09, 2009, 06:29:16 pm
Hi, been some time since I last posted
This base character was done for me, I asked a friend of mine "windship" and he made this one... soo I didnt really made the base...what I did make is the animation...and I want to improve it as much as possible... so any c&c welcome

« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 06:30:59 pm by Sabata »

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: Iso walk

Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 06:34:08 pm
This needs heelstrike (AKA more weight on the contact frame)

Offline Tsukasa

• Rawr
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 06:42:28 pm
As gil mentioned above, it needs more weight

The stature itself is falling backwards as it is, so try centering it more! Balancing with a vertical line will help alot!
Basicly it is just the torse and downwards that needs a slight movement backwards, so you should reckon to fix that I believe!

Offline coffee

• JohanAronson
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 11:25:43 pm
One of the problems is that the right leg, the chars. left leg is streching too much. You don't stretch your leg that much when you are walking if this was a runninganimation that would have worked fine. Also I think the animation needs a coupple of more frames. The right leg from the sprites view is good, but not the left. the foot seems to get the wrong angle when it goes forward and it is waaay too long. It should be just the same frames from the other leg but on the other side and reverse. Also I think it is much to lent backward as Tsukasa said.

But most important, 2 more frames on each round and short down the left leg!

Offline Sabata

• View Profile
    • TownsLife

Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 11:21:19 pm
I understand about frames count, but since I want to keep this as low as possible, I decided to go with 4 frames max... otherwise it'll be too much work in creating outfits.

Fixed leg length, and leaning back problem...hopefully... not sure about weight.

Offline misterj

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 12:56:18 am
The left legs still stick too far outward. On the right leg it seems fine but on the left leg it seems like his knee doesn't even exist. Owie!
In addition, there shouldn't be so much of the bottom of his foot showing. Relative to the rest of the animation, the walk is casual, but the feet bend up as much as they would if it was a stronger run.