AuthorTopic: [Early WIP] Ninja  (Read 3408 times)

Offline Ddawg

• Trying to listen to those who know more than me
    • View Profile
    • Dawg Pound

[Early WIP] Ninja

on: July 10, 2009, 09:06:03 pm
OK, guys. C&C please:

I don\'t want to be a bad boy like I was in the *gulp* past...Please be patient with me.

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Re: [Early WIP] Ninja

Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 12:37:36 am
Try to block out the volume first with the shades and then add detail. Your current shadingmethod makes everything look pretty flat. Also: wheres the nose? Why isn't the face shaded? Why is his mouth so wide? And most importantly: What are you aiming for with this piece?

Offline Ddawg

• View Profile
    • Dawg Pound

Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 01:35:09 am
Well, the face is shaded, but...Not very much at all. If you zoom, you'll see.
And, This is just a dumb little peice, that I hope me and you can forget about.  :lol:
I don\'t want to be a bad boy like I was in the *gulp* past...Please be patient with me.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 03:09:51 am
   Why is it, that when you ask for critique, and you actually GET IT, you back off with the same excuses, that it's "supposed to be cartoony", or " And, This is just a dumb little peice, that I hope me and you can forget about "? That last quote completely counteracts the point of asking for critique in the first place! I've been monitoring your posts over a while at the pixel joint forums, and have opted not to give advice, for this exact same reason. My only hope is that if you truly like to pixel, (or like art in general) then you will learn to take critique to heart, and stop using style as a defense against great suggestions....

End rant/
my back hurts...

Offline Ddawg

• View Profile
    • Dawg Pound

Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 04:48:21 pm
I'm done with this peice, because it sucks and it's dumb (like I said) And that's what happened a whole lot over at pixel joint. And I like cartoony peices, and that's what I do. Plus, it's not an excuse, it's the truth. I do like to pixel, and I like to get critique so I can get better. Why don't you monitor my posts here and find out for yourself?

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 05:09:22 pm
Why don't you monitor my posts here and find out for yourself?

When viewing this thread, the thread "Hooded Guy" and the thread "(WIP) Computer Monitor" it seems like you've aborted 2 out of three pieces after getting a single answer, which doesn't make much sense considering that the aim of pixelation is giving and taking critique rather than just posting 5 minute sketches and then saying "oh I don't care, I moved on already" when someone throws in critique ;)