AuthorTopic: [WIP] Robot Assasin Platformer  (Read 9513 times)

Offline x-death

• View Profile

[WIP] Robot Assasin Platformer

on: July 08, 2009, 03:37:58 am
welcome to my topic.

I've began work on the graphics to this game of mine, so far it mostly just a background and a tileset. and i will provide you all with a download link to my graphics so far. also i wanted to make this the character about 35 pixels in height. but i wasn't good enough to pull it off. i have provided a sketch of it below. i don't like the eyes that are on the sketch but it gives you a good idea of what it would ideally look like.

character sketch: Click Here

My Graphics:

listed in order the graphics above are: forest background(bg) at night, forest bg in day, grass tiles for the game so far. i still need to do a bit of work for the tiles that is about 10 mins of work so i need to do more work on it other then that it seems all good. but in the grass tiles ignore the bricks and door and all that it was for a castle level i decided not to go on with.

here is a screenshot of the graphics in use:

now if anyone can help with the character that would be great otherwise all comments and feedback on my existing designs are welcome. this was has a total of like 3 or 4 colors so far. and looks pretty good in my opinion.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 08:33:05 am by x-death »

Offline Beoran

• View Profile

Re: robot assasin platformer

Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 06:03:28 am
Could you please host your images in a different way, so e can see them immediately. Look at "Things of importance and interest".
Kind Regards, Beoran.

Offline x-death

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 06:35:07 am
there ya go, i uploaded something quickly. until i make more tiles to make a bigger level that will have to do. feel free to use the graphics in the download to experiment with.

Offline xhunterko

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 06:57:31 am
He means something more like this

Image tags are useful. And people are too lazy to click on a link. I have nothing right now. Maybe later. However, background is nice. Maybe a bit more detail to cut out some repetiveness.

Offline x-death

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 07:04:06 am
ok i've put up the sketch. but what do you mean by more detail? could you show me?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 07:27:37 am by x-death »

Offline eckered

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 12:33:42 pm
step 1:  go to imageshack.us
step 2: host your images
step 3: grab the top link, paste it into your post and put "[img.] and [./img]" before and after it (remove the periods)
step 4: ...
step 5: profit?!

Offline x-death

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 12:39:39 pm
the hell is the matter with you people i have done everything you asked for. EVERYTHING!!! and you still complain. and you say uplaod images at imageshack and do the whole image tag, well look past your bloody eyes! i did that before you posted. i did that ages ago!

god, please people if your going to reply try to help me. i'm getting sick of people replying posts that aren't helping me at all.

and why would there be money involved? seriusly i'm just asking for a bit of help, it isn't like I've asked you to go out and make a whole game or anything. so no there won't be any profit. except name in the credits of course.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 12:42:42 pm by x-death »

Offline Skyfort

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 01:15:25 pm
They mean, I think, that you should host your tile images and put them up here instead of making people go to that download page.

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 01:19:08 pm
Don't worry about the profit thing, its just an internet meme ;)

Anyway, they were asking you to post up your pixel art, so we don't have to download the zip file, generally its good to link to large images like your concept sketch.

Its probably a good idea to let us know what you intend to do with the art, just let us know where your aiming.

At this point I'd say you've got a nice style going on, would suggest purging the noise in the dirt tiles, its unreadable, and with a low colour count it would look fine as just a single colour. Try defining the forms on your trees better, this isn't really the place to discuss how shading works, but I'm sure you already know or can find it pretty easily, of course we can help once you give us something to work with though.

Love the design of the mech guy, can't wait to see it pixelled, although if you wanna keep that level of detail you might wanna up the dimensions of your tiles a bit.

Keep it up.

Offline x-death

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 01:30:16 pm
ohh, ok. i put the sketch up because everyone was telling me to. but i will link it again if that's what you want.

um what i'm aiming to do? hmm...not really understanding the question but i'm planing to make a mario kind of game only i'm making my own enemies and my own character and changing stuff within the game . might add a few elements as well. but yeah i'm planning on using it for the game and hopefully in the end i will have enough stuff made in the peice to make a basic level.

i didn't understand what you were saying about the dirt and shading. i can shade stuff but i'm not that great at it. i'm still learning. i didn't give the trees any form because they are mean't as a background image and by not giving them form it alls me to easily make scenary and characters stand out rom the background. or at least that's what i was going for.

if anyone has any more comments on improving this that would be great, if it means to reshade i might need to be shown visually as i'm still working on my shading abilities lie mostly in lineart. so yeah...

also two of those graphics i'm no longer using for this project right now because i found out that the other ones worked better, when i tested it with background and i would rather just do some more work and get the other tiles finished.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 01:41:31 pm by x-death »