AuthorTopic: [Finished Thread]  (Read 6101 times)

Offline Ddawg

• Trying to listen to those who know more than me
    • View Profile
    • Dawg Pound

Re: [WIP]Lots Of Robots [update1]

Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 01:11:58 pm
THE THREAD...is done.
Can't work on the peice anymore, me and Atnas agree.
THE THREAD...is done.
I don\'t want to be a bad boy like I was in the *gulp* past...Please be patient with me.

Offline Quake

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 01:48:31 pm
Atnas isn't your mentor.
Even if Atnas doesn't think you can improve. what's the point stopping?
It'll be good if you stick with the other art, but if you just discard it when you don't like it or whatever reason. then you'll just have that mentality about everything.

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 02:05:55 pm
I only think that there's a point where, even if a piece can be improved more, the artist would learn more by moving on rather than trying to nibble away at the same piece of art. I didn't mean to start anything, it was just advice. I offer it and if the topic creator wants to take it, they will. Just because CommanderD is moving on, I don't see why that has to be stereotyped with his previous tendencies. There is a significant improvement in this topic, but I'm inclined to say that even though the piece can improve, it wouldn't be fruitful. it's rather simple, and more would be overkill, I think. There are more dangerous waters to brave. He mentioned more than one robot, I would have assumed he would go on to create more?

But it is only advice. I wouldn't want anyone to do something they weren't inclined to. I do try to provide reasons for my advice though, from personal experience or logic.

Off-topic, sorry. I thought I would elaborate.

edit I tried sending this to you earlier but I have no means of reaching you, so public it is. Please don't reply here, if you decide to reply at all.

I would appreciate if you didn't type my name in nearly every post. I try to help you but so do other people, you should consider every viewpoint. Even the people you disagree with are trying to help, and their comments should not be dismissed so easily.

What I'm trying to say is, though you may be taking my advice, it's just my advice. Me, the person behind the advice matters much less and you should consider the arguments without a name attached, as anonymous, before making a decision. I just feel that because you are both taking my advice and typing my name liberally, it shows a little unwelcome bias? Whatever. I hate "forum drama", and anything where one person is pointed out, focused on, or given special attention, as far as chitchat is concerned. Especially if it is me, and if it is repeated. Consider my advice, but don't associate it with me, please. 

Happy pixeling!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 07:21:29 pm by Atnas »

Offline Ddawg

• Trying to listen to those who know more than me
    • View Profile
    • Dawg Pound

Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 04:55:25 pm
Exactly, thanks.
Now, I don't want anyone else to post here.
Like Atnas said I need to move on.
And Quake, Atnas is not my mentor, but he's critqued almost every one of my posts, so I'm gonna listen to him.
I don\'t want to be a bad boy like I was in the *gulp* past...Please be patient with me.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Re: [Finished Thread]

Reply #14 on: July 28, 2009, 08:51:32 pm
CommanderD, if you want to improve at pixel art then doing pixel art at this stage actually won't help much, you need to be practicing the fundamentals, on pencil and paper, not mouse and monitor. You should download Andrew Loomis' 'Fun With A Pencil'(I will provide a link if you need one), read and learn from this and you will improve, also drawing still life (stuff around you that isn't living, like a chair or mp3 player) and from life (living things, your parents, your hand, etc.) will help you improve greatly, what I see in most of your threads are doodles from your head, which is cool that you have an imagination, but if you work on your fundamentals you could make these ideas come out more like how they look in your head.