AuthorTopic: do I look like a doller now? o": [victoire again.]  (Read 9842 times)

Offline Accident

• Someone call the ambulance!
    • View Profile

oyeah, I suppose I do.  :-*

I really like Victoire. I really do. she reminds me of my autistic sister, right down to the fro-like hair, the cute little mouth, and the large, empty eyes. c: so I re-pixelled her because I haven't pixelled in the longest time and didn't want to lose my touch.

... so, did I improve?

haha, yes, the current is on the left... I can't do hair. sue me.

[btw, it's not a doll. it's baseless, or whatever.]

EDIT: AS OF 2/09/10~!

« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 04:10:09 am by Accident »

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: do I look like a doller now? o": [victoire again.]

Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 12:12:29 pm
The only comment I have is that the new one has a very manly figure. The loss of hips and waist is to blame :)

Intentional?

Offline Accident

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 05:35:08 pm
yes, it was intentional. xD Sorry for not mentioning it earlier. I wanted to keep up with the blocky figure I had done before.

... that, and my sister is four years old.  :P

Offline Keith

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 08:00:17 pm
The pose look extremely awkward, so you might want to spread out the legs a bit more and make the feet slightly bigger. I can't seem to tell that she's wearing gloves, and you could clarify that by making them slightly bigger or changing the color. I also miss the contrast and darkness from the one on the right.

On the bright side, you have much more shading and the figure looks more genuine. Keep it up.

Offline Accident

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 11:26:19 pm

Okay, now it's time to clarify. the one on the right was a step of progress for the one on the left. xD So, point blank, I pretty much hate it.

okay, now that I have that done and over with, I'd like to say that I cannot do hair-- therefore, I do not know how to progress. Can anyone help me with shading hair?

darkened the brown. centered the feet. made white gloves, but now I see that the arms are super-wonky. anyone want to help me out with that as well?

c: Thanks for everyone's help thus far.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 04:23:14 pm

Quick paintover. I would block colours like this, then refine.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 09:54:32 pm
I honestly cant help but like the first one better. it has a charm that the new one cant compare too. It might just be from the possibility that I might be more attracted to girls if they were represented in 4 colors :] The pixel technique is well done in the new one, albeit a bit boxy ( well you are working with squares but still :p)

Offline Accident

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 03:59:17 am
Hasn't it been such a long time?!?!?!/1/1/1!!?!!?!!!

Yeah, I was lost doing other things, getting ready for college, and everything. Anyway. I decided it would be at least courteous to finish this.
I decided to leave the hair shadeless, mostly because I cannot shade hair, even if my life depended on it.

As you can see, I made a lot of changes, mostly to the uniform. Gave her suspenders because, well, everyone loves a girl in suspenders! Changed the sleeves, added cute little bows, and overall made her outfit look more complete. Gave her socks, and a distinct nose. Everyone loves a bulbous nose. Arms in pockets cop-out ftw? I also made a palette change, which was just experimental and may not stay at all. Decided otherwise, it looked gross.

Wow didn't that sound pretty boring of me? I think I've grown up.  Must add database of smilies before it's too late.  :B  :hehe:  ^-^  :0#  :lala: :lala:... :lala:

Offline infinitegames

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 04:46:03 am
I like it and the hair looks infinitely better.

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 05:04:45 am
Adorable. Latest update is a good improvement.

The head works really well in its simplicity, the volume isn't lost with the limitted shading. The body, however, reads as completely flat. The amount of detail and lack of shading, as well as a blocky silhouette leads to this, I say.

Shoulders are much too flat, and neck too straight.

Pose could have more interest, maybe more weight on one leg, a finger up to her mouth. Something like that. Just an idea.