AuthorTopic: [WIP] - Forum Logotype  (Read 7163 times)

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] - Forum Logotype

Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 02:10:20 am
I tried for around five minutes and I had concluded UNOFOUM, but I knew it had to be forum so I just had to ask.

Lovely colors, much better than the original, though I have to admit I miss that yellow.

The problem letter for me is the g, but I can't for the life of me think of a solution that would separate it from the f without separating it. :P The second "original", the one you used, was the most readable in my opinion, but the lack of the outline makes it less readable now because of the color difference required thereafter. So. I think the third one is the second most readable, but with color...

Offline SirBilly

• MS Painter
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/14358.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 10:36:49 am
I tried for around five minutes and I had concluded UNOFOUM, but I knew it had to be forum so I just had to ask.

Lovely colors, much better than the original, though I have to admit I miss that yellow.

The problem letter for me is the g, but I can't for the life of me think of a solution that would separate it from the f without separating it. :P The second "original", the one you used, was the most readable in my opinion, but the lack of the outline makes it less readable now because of the color difference required thereafter. So. I think the third one is the second most readable, but with color...

Thanks

Those are the best sulotions I could come up with, I tried several different types to seperate the G from the F. Very hard.
I also wanted to separate the UNG from FORUM but still squeeze in the green.
The forum is for swedes and perhaps it's easier for us to read what it says, UNG = Young. The R is quite unreadable but since "forum" is a known word it clearifies what it says, perhaps the same thing goes with UNG for swedes?

Example:

Clarifying  the G

And "Box font" logo edit (Also put a cube infront of the cut edge, so it  reads O, not D)

Offline Emtch

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 05:37:31 pm
The colors and the way you connect the g to the f makes it look like it says unoforum. A forum about uno, wow!
Anyway, the g on the new one doesn't work either, and the color shifts make no sense at all.

I might have some educational stuff about this subject laying around somewhere. If so, i'll upload it.

Offline SirBilly

• MS Painter
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 10:05:46 pm
The colors and the way you connect the g to the f makes it look like it says unoforum. A forum about uno, wow!
Anyway, the g on the new one doesn't work either, and the color shifts make no sense at all.

I might have some educational stuff about this subject laying around somewhere. If so, i'll upload it.

As I mentioned before, I'm new to this stuff and the G is killing me. Sharing a little typography knowledge would be appreciated, I've been searching around for weeks! I'll try finishing it tomorrow, I'm going away for 6 months, my plane takes off on Friday.

Thanks!

Offline Keith

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 12:41:32 am
I personally think the box font is way too unreadable. I think a space between "ung" and "forum" might be useful.

Offline Koi Kami Mauro

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 02:28:54 am
I think your problem also relates to the colors. We tend to read seperately each color batch, So the g should be the same color as the UN or else it doesn't read as the same word.

Offline SirBilly

• MS Painter
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 09:21:34 pm
I personally think the box font is way too unreadable. I think a space between "ung" and "forum" might be useful.

Mkay. But it's a whole different design if I do that, think I'm keeping it like that. Thanks!

I think your problem also relates to the colors. We tend to read seperately each color batch, So the g should be the same color as the UN or else it doesn't read as the same word.

I don't wanna exclude any colours, I think that has to be done if the letters UNG has the same colours. If I now have to remove any colour, wich one to remove?

This looks more like specific colours than the classic yellow, green, blue and "red" palette.

And a little smoother "box font", also a version with the "UNG" in one colour.

I'm going on vaccation tomorrow morning so this'll be my last edit, and the thread is still open for suggestions. Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 09:23:05 pm by SirBilly »

Offline Accident

• Someone call the ambulance!
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 03:00:14 am

c: