AuthorTopic: Vagrant Story 2D and Something else...  (Read 10669 times)

Offline Tinygiant

• View Profile
    • .:: ARMY OF TROLLS ::.

Re: Vagrant Story 2D and Something else...

Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 10:20:59 am
Like the second and third, but I'm not too pleased with the Vagrant Story mockup as a whole.

The combination of pre-rendered background(screenshot? I don't know), the sprites, and the green highlighting makes the whole thing feel too disfunctional to me.

I doy like the sprites, though your skeletons seem to be missing the vertical piece of bone connectings ribs on their ribcage. I like how huge their heads appear in comparison to the hero; is this some sort of commentary on the intelligence of running off into stange castles to battle demon lords?

Small question on your commishioned piece of artwork, what was the company's name? Where would the company logo have been pasted onto it?

The green outlines are basically the Vagrant Story interface so they have to be there, I guess even in the original game the wireframe tageting ball was a little out of place in a dungeon crawl.

The comisshioned piece doesnt have to have a logo on it, it's basically a visual interpritation of a written article on hosting companies making life easier by using Hosted Microsoft Exchange.

Offline moonside

• edisnoom emoclew edisnoom emoclew
    • View Profile
    • kracfive

Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 10:26:58 pm
nice work, the icons look great

Offline initial_reality

• learn to live, live to learn
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: February 27, 2006, 02:02:20 pm
they're all nice!

my only crits goes to rain wich seems unconvincing

Offline hawken

• 8bit fantasy
    • hawkun
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio

Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 10:46:14 am
How about some more bad / good things going on in the northwinds peice? It's always fun to do a "spot the difference".
twitter: https://twitter.com/hawkun
Pirate Pop Plus for 3DS, WiiU & Steam!

Offline Ari

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: March 03, 2006, 05:47:34 am
Isnt that the one with that valkyire chick? Why is it all modern? It was mid-evil and fantasy and stuff. Maybe you are thinking of a different game. I dunno.
I see
Said the blind man
To his deff dog
In the corner of the round room.

Offline Tinygiant

• View Profile
    • .:: ARMY OF TROLLS ::.

Reply #15 on: March 03, 2006, 09:08:31 am
Isnt that the one with that valkyire chick? Why is it all modern? It was mid-evil and fantasy and stuff. Maybe you are thinking of a different game. I dunno.

Nah, your thinking of Valkyrie Profile, that was good but Vagrant Story was better and yeah it was medieval like the 1st pick.

Offline Silver

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: March 03, 2006, 09:33:32 am
the vagrant story screen is icecream..
I really like your style, its smooth and cute
Good luck!

Offline Seven

• ._.'
    • View Profile
    • Virtuosis

Reply #17 on: March 05, 2006, 07:56:49 pm
On the Vagrant Story mockup, I see that you have a great technique, since both sprites, hero and skeletons, are very well-done. BUT... Something I noticed is that the skeletons sprites and the hero sprite seem to be from differente games, since they do not share the same spriting style. For an example, it looks like the enemies comes from a Square-related RPG, like FFVI, and the hero comes from something inside Fire Emblem style.

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Reply #18 on: March 05, 2006, 09:44:32 pm
I'm really thinking about buying this game. I remember how great it was said to be, but I was too young at the time to play it. Its always nice to dig up a good psx game.

Anyway, this is really cool. I think you captured it well. I do think this would look ass-loads better with a gritty tone to it, though.
@darionmccoy

Offline Kennethfejer

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: March 05, 2006, 11:54:19 pm
looks great as always.
im curious though... what are the nintendo icons for ?

oh and can i complement you on the fine job, you did on the cellphone games, you have on your website, they looks awesome!