AuthorTopic: [WIP]ffta2 characters  (Read 7494 times)

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Re: [WIP]ffta2 characters

Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 10:44:00 pm
The overuse of black lines hurts what are otherwise excellently constructed figures. You have enough dark shades to color parts of the outlines without increasing the palette sizes.

Offline Pizza Tom

• @pizzadramon
    • pizzatom
    • View Profile
    • Blag

Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 02:37:27 am
Montblanc's head seems a little large, and Adelle is maybe a too tall? Can't quite put my finger on it. Otherwise nicely done.  :y:
pizzatom.tumblr.com
@pizzadramon

Formerly Regulus Awesome

Offline BlackTerror

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 03:04:20 am
Hmm, I started editing the first sprite a couple of weeks ago, returned to it this week and it kind of got out hand. I wanted to show how the color count could be reduced a lot without hurting the separation of parts. It bothered me how you had colors used in only one or two tiny areas, especially when they were so similar to other shades. You had a lot of messy jagged outlines, and the top left area seemed unfinished (you didn't even fill in all of the transparency :P) and I also colored the internal outlines whenever it made sense (mainly where there's closer overlap or touching between the two objects).

So, uh, yeah, it's a kind of radical change from your original sprite but after all that I wasn't going to let it go to waste. I hope it can help you some in the future.