AuthorTopic: knight in the mountens  (Read 3975 times)

Offline aregon810

• Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
    • View Profile

knight in the mountens

on: April 13, 2009, 06:52:08 pm
first sketsch:
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5368/sketscht.png

start character:

help me guys (cc apricated on anatomie ect) the cape is folding on the ground

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Re: knight in the mountens

Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 04:10:38 am
Yikes, still so rough. May be a little early for crit on this. Could be best to post him in his envirnment, since the end result seems to be a scene including this knight character.

Offline aregon810

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 04:25:36 pm
yes I understand here a update:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 04:44:53 pm by aregon810 »

Offline Voodoofusion

• View Profile
    • Voodoofusion.com

Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 05:38:09 pm
So I'm assuming you're abandoning the idea of the shield being on his left? I'm trying to make out what you have decided to do with his left hand (if he's holding a sword lowered in front of him, or a dagger behind him).

Offline aregon810

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 06:04:57 pm
the idea is that he lay down his armour, you see the sword already put in the snow, he isn't wearing it at the moment. in his left hand he is holding a 'map' and in his right hand he isn't holding anything.

that was the idea  :-[

Offline Voodoofusion

• View Profile
    • Voodoofusion.com

Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 07:13:25 pm
the idea is that he lay down his armour, you see the sword already put in the snow, he isn't wearing it at the moment. in his left hand he is holding a 'map' and in his right hand he isn't holding anything.

that was the idea  :-[

Oh okay I understand now. Hmm. From that angle it's going to be hard to show he's holding a map, since it's a view from behind. Might be easier if you put the map in his right hand, like him holding a piece of paper or something.

So the sword is sticking out of the ground on the left side then? I would straighten the blade maybe, so it is more identifiable. The hilt of the sword isn't lined up with the blade (assuming it's a straight sword and not a curved sword like a scimiitar). I was having troubles distinguishing the sword from the background. I would try making it stand out from the background by making the hilt a little larger maybe.

I like the idea though. The cliff is coming along nicely. Should turn out great in the end.

Edit - Looking at the original rough draft it does appear the sword should be curved. That works, but you need to smooth out the curved blade a bit, probably make it a bit longer too.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 07:18:15 pm by Voodoofusion »

Offline aregon810

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 07:57:54 pm
About the curve you are right, however I think you were right tho when you said it whould look beter if its more straight
so what about this? (only edited the sword)
skipped the map tho

But what about the cape? i dont know how to improve it (and shade it a litle better and cant find any good ref)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 03:22:44 pm by aregon810 »