AuthorTopic: [WIP] - Smooth dancer  (Read 6547 times)

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] - Smooth dancer

Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 07:01:04 am
Just a quick note before bed: in normal circumstances(one spotlight), the shadow wouldn't extend past the spotlight itself, because the a shadow is cast where light can not reach, IE everywhere outside of the spotlight in your scene.

Offline ter-o

• Elitist scum
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 03:43:36 pm
To be exact, Dusty is correct if the only lightsource in the whole room is just the spotlight. :) But often that's not the case, it's just the key light. On stage there can be other more dim, ambient lights which could cast the shadow outside the spotlight. Although the shadows outside the spotlight would be much more smoother, since only strong direct lights create sharp shadows.
I don't know everything, I just know everything else.
Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 05:54:15 pm
Aye, I actually had that at first but ended up changing and forgot that. Even so, the shadows cast outside the spotlight would not be the shadow from the spotlight, so they would cast in different directions, be softer like you said and a few other things.

Offline SirBilly

• MS Painter
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/14358.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 04:13:56 pm
My friend said the same thing but I explained it to him the way ter-o did. But I'm going for the "limited palette" kinda thing and I don't know what colour fits better, perhaps the  palette must be looked over by some kind of master of palettes, I'm lost in this palette jungle since I havent developed those pixel-art-making-an-awesome-palette-eyes just yet.
I'ts quite alright now compared with previous, but I have this feeling it could be improved, yes?
Anyways, thanks for the comments, I'm doing this mainly for trying out drawing new enviorments with different kinds of lightsources etc, crits are important to me.

I'll try to search deep inside and perhaps my heart will tell me what palette is needed and replace some colours and perhaps remove a colour or two.

I'll try stealing someones palette, wach out iLKke!
I must learn the basics of creating an awesome palette
 Thanks!