AuthorTopic: Something I'm working on.. Need help, please..  (Read 6114 times)

Offline Zack

• View Profile

Re: Something I'm working on.. Need help, please..

Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 02:57:41 am
Eek, I only have GraphicsGale, which doesn't allow me to upload a GIF. Image, but I guess I could get some sort of animation program to show you guys.. Anyone know of one thats free?  ???

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 03:15:26 am
Even without it animated, I see some flaws:

There is no 'down' position;  he's running on a treadmill whilst being suspended by rope.  If he's running, he hits the ground, and THEN he bends his contacted knee, lifting up the other to bring through in the passing position which you HAVE drawn. 

So:

you've drawn:
(Standing sprite)  Frame one:--Contact   Frame two:--Passing position   Frame three:--Up  Frame four to Frame six:--Indistinguishable random inbetweens.

Should be:
Contact, Down, Passing Position, Up, Contact, (repeat with opposite foot/leg.)

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 03:29:48 am
Yes, as Shrike said you are missing important frames. My post shows an example of a walking animation, but the idea of each frame translates regardless. The recoil frame is the frame that makes it look like he is actually impacting the ground, not just kicking his legs back and forth. Also, as I already said, try making it 8 frames. It will be difficult to make something that looks good with fewer frames then that, and for your first try don't burden yourself with that challenge.

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 05:32:37 pm
NaCl:

Yes, your image is good, but does not apply quite the same as it's a walk animation.  In a run, there is at least one frame where both feet are off the ground, although you can have as many as three.  In a walk, on foot is always contacted.

Yes, 8 frames is good.

Keep on pushing!
Shrike