AuthorTopic: Help needed!  (Read 2752 times)

Offline Vans

• View Profile

Help needed!

on: March 21, 2009, 08:59:21 pm
Hi guys Im trying to make a tree to fit the house color scheme, but I got no idea on how I could make the highlights for the tree leafs:

Thanks,
Vans

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Re: Help needed!

Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 09:20:56 pm
Well, just try to imagine your tree realistically, in 3D. And see where the light hits it. And since your tree is more of a stylstic (I like it, by the way), cartoony tree, imagine it like that as well. Currently the light seems to be coming from pretty much right about our direction, where we're viewing it from.

But before you do that, I'd advise you change the tree to better suit the perspective of the game, or at least make it similar to the building, right now it seems to me as if it's pretty much side view, whilst the building is in a top-down view.

The light would probably be hitting the top of the little sections of 'blobs' that you have on your tree, maybe I'll cook up an edit later, if someone doesn't do it better by then.

That tree has a real nice look though, I like it. Looks sort of like a christmas tree.

Offline Vans

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 02:25:32 am
Mmm I dunno how to change the perspective and still make it blobby. I tried changing the trunk shading and I think its blends a lot better:

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 04:46:54 am
Still coming across as a side view. I'd start off with a box in hte correct perspective and size you're looking for. Maybe add some guidelines to locate where the various levels of brush end and the cneter of your tree at the bottom and top. Once that's figured out, then worry about making it look blobby