AuthorTopic: Crazy pixel character[WIP]  (Read 3665 times)

Offline Eskiboy

• Coming up
    • View Profile

Crazy pixel character[WIP]

on: March 11, 2009, 03:40:09 pm
Kind of like a crazy mickey mouse lol

Offline politopo

• View Profile

Re: Crazy pixel character[WIP]

Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 04:12:27 pm
imho it looks more like a zombie-manga-felix the cat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felix_the_Cat

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 04:35:54 pm
Keep in mind that when developing a character you should know all about it, how it looks, too. So here, if you're actually trying to develop a new character and not just putzing aroudn with pixels, you need a profile and rear view as well. Sketch on paper first.

Offline Eskiboy

• Coming up
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 09:42:21 pm
Keep in mind that when developing a character you should know all about it, how it looks, too. So here, if you're actually trying to develop a new character and not just putzing aroudn with pixels, you need a profile and rear view as well. Sketch on paper first.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 03:52:28 am
It's a nice piece you've got here so far. Good use of lighting, but you're really underusing your AA colours. A few jaggy here and there is not always a bad thing. Well I don't mind it at least, I don't really like it when a colours only exists to provide AA. Much more interesting if you also use it to define shapes better. I did a small edit to show a couple things I would change. I got rid of hte jaggy buffer between light and dark areas on the body cause I didn't think it was working very well. I cut out the highlight and midtone on the lower spike of hair on our left side to show it in shadow. I tried to keep hte 3 tones of shade you had, but was more flexible in blending between them. I also tossed the face in shadow so I could play with some highlights there. I think I might've changed hte happy expression a little for the worse while cleaning up some AA that I thought was overdone.

I'd be interested to see the gloves more angled toward the viewer instead of the full front view you have now.

Offline Eskiboy

• Coming up
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 02:45:38 pm
Thats an awesome edit :P thanks and i will take what you said and try using it on my work :)