AuthorTopic: [WIP] Fox  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Pessanha

• View Profile

[WIP] Fox

on: August 04, 2009, 10:53:24 pm
Hey, I'm new around here, but not so new in pixel art stuff. Thatīs my first topic here, so, nice to meet you all!
Allright, letīs get to it. I did a fox for a friendīs game, i wanted some opinion about it. I'll problaby animate it later.

I think the tail doesn't look too good, (itīs supose to be fire) but i want you guys opinion  ;D

Offline Sinistral Erim

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Fox

Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 11:30:30 pm
Well, not bad, but it looks more like a colored outline than a constructed thing with volume and such. I would recommend you to pick a light source and work the shading from that... because the light source of it is unclear. Unfortunately, the hair texture you did there is not working very well... instead I get this feeling of that it is made out of stone. Judging by the long hairs in the outline of the mane there I'd recommend you to try drawing long strands of hair for a texture with the same colors you used for these little dots all over.

The tail doesn't look like fire because it appears too stiff. Fire never stays still and it has a tendency to go up so it wouldn't remain like that and wouldn't shine like that, either. So you should try a pose that gives off a sense of movement. Right now it looks like red ice,  um, icecream.... or something because of the little white pixels you put in there. Pretty neat color count! But there are a few highlight tones that wouldn't matter too much if they were removed. One foreleg is outlined in a different color than the rest. Do you plan on recoloring the whole outline?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 11:39:20 pm by Sinistral Erim »

Offline Pessanha

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Fox

Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 01:09:08 am
I kind of dig that from an oold folder of mine, so i donīt remember if that was my intention... haha, but yes, i guess i will recollor the outline. Thank you, anyway  :)